Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #238 - Let it Shine!




Welcome to a new FTTC post for Flourishes! Cheryl is our hostess for today and she has a really clever challenge for you! She says the challenge is "Let it Shine" this week! What does that mean? Just incorporate some kind of light source in your card  - lamp, candle, sunshine... any kind of light source! Check out what enlightened projects the Timeless Tuesday ladies have created for your inspiration today:

Jenny Gropp - you are here!
Kathy Roneyour September guest designer

 I went with a candle as my light source for the challenge, using the Christmas Candles set. I cut the image out using the Perfectly Pierced Hourglass Die

 To create a little glow.... I used a circle punch to create a mask and did a little quick airbrushing using Copic Y11.

 The center panels are all popped up using foam tape for dimension. On the glass I added a very thin coat of Crackle Accents to add a little shine. Glossy Accents on the little berries around the hurricane glass.

Here is the inside.... The sentiment is also from the same Christmas Candle Set. 




8 comments:

  1. Jenny, this card is beautiful! I love your coloring, the way you added a glow for the candle, and the snowflake die cut is so pretty! I can tell I'm going to learn a lot about coloring light this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!! I have this set and this is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, this is gorgeous. Candles bring in the home so much warmth and friendship. I love your layout and gorgeous coloring. ...well done....have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring and I love the die shape and sketch with it, just perfect! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, I love this image and it worked perfectly for this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Jenny! What a perfect way to get a candle to glow!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! Lovely design! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! I always love your photos!

    ReplyDelete