Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

SSCB #17 Butterflies Everywhere!


The challenge this week is oh so easy for Serendipity Stamps! One main ingredient... use a butterfly! Check out the Serendipity Challenge Blog for all the details of how to join along in the challenge. We have FUN news too... the very talented Julie Warner is joining the Design Team! Be sure and visit her blog to welcome her and check out her mad skills!

Here are the links to the crew, hop around and check out what kind of butterfly inspired projects they came up with this week:
Vickie 
Anya 
Jeanne
Jenny - you are here!
Miriam
Marybeth

 Sweet and simple for today! My main butterfly is I created using both dies from the Butterfly set. My card base with an Ann's Stitching Circle die set. In the close up below you can see the stitched detail. This is meant to be actually stitched with needle and thread... Yikes! You won't find that on this blog! But I adore the plain piercing!

 I glued the butterfly flat in the center and the wings are lifted and popped up using Dimensional Silicone.

I added a fun sentiment on the inside of the card. 

7 comments:

  1. Love your card!!!BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your colors and choice of papes here Jenny. And that paper piercing is wonderful! It adds so much detail - subtle, but stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Jenny! Love the round shape and the pierced paper. I'd probably skip the stitching, too. Sounds like too much work, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Jenny! Love the round shape and the pierced paper. I'd probably skip the stitching, too. Sounds like too much work, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so pretty I love the stitched detail all around the edges too. Nice little extra, touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Jenny! I love the piercing around the card! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and the gorgeous piercing on the circle die cut! So beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete