Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #232 - Stamp a Background!




We have a one time Guest Designer along with us today! Welcome Angel Rivera! Angel has issued the challenge to Stamp a Background. You can find all the details on the Flourishes Blog about how to play along with our Timeless Tuesday Challenges and link up your project.

FTTC #232 CHALLENGE:
Use stamps to create your back ground paper!
Check out how creative the ladies go this week with their backgrounds!



 I pulled out an old favorite set of mine, Hearts and Flowers, this is used to create the sweet daisy background. The Serenity Prayer sentiment is from July's release Anemones.

I created a mask for the daisy heart image. I used the mask and kept moving it as I overlapped the image all around the edges. I didn't not complete the inside of the panel since I knew it would be covered up. 

I stamped the sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black and cut it out using Spellbinder's Resplendent Rectangles. I airbrushed using Copic YR21 before I removed it from the die. I colored all the centers of the daisies on my panel using bot colors shown. 

I used foam tape in between the layers to add dimension. As a finishing touch I added a little Crackle Accents to the flower centers... just giving it a subtle little shine. Finished card is an A2 and it opens tent style at the bottom. 


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for all you share! Especially helpful today was the masking of the daisies to get the full background coverage. Great idea! Also appreciate that you add the links to the products - so we could see the heart that you used.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful daisy background! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER JOB JENNY!!!!!!!! It LOOKS LIKE you did a HUGE amount of work on this!!!!!!!!! :) JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!!Love the daisies,Awesome sentiment!Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your use of the heart daisy stamp Jenny! So clever and the PERFECT stamp for making a back ground! Truly stunning card this week! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful. What a great way to create a background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! I love the background you created with just the splash of color. Very cute! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! What a great way to use that stamp, Jenny! You are so creative with your stamps! Love the beautiful yellow cs for that die cut and the black mats make for a very classy look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, your background is stunning! I love daisies so naturally I love this card too! Your sentiment treatment is beautiful...love how you framed it! Gorgeousness as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning background. You can really see a lot of work was put into it
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! Serious masking going on and it came out beautiful Jenny!! You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Jenny. I love the colors and the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete