Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Blog Hopping with Serendipity!


It's Friday! And the Serendipity Stamps DT has a fun blog hop for you today! 
Serendipity is showing off a new and beautiful Bird Die today. 
The team is showing it off two different ways today... We were all to make a Christmas Card and one more design of our choice. I can't wait to see what the DT created! It's always interesting when we are using the product to see all the different and unique designs!

Remember to  leave comments on EACH DT members blog for a chance to win a random drawing for $20 off your next order. On Tuesday, September 2, 2013 the winner will be announced on the Serendipity Blog.

Ready to hop! Here are your links:

Julie
Vickie 
Anya 
Jeanne
Jenny - you are here!
Miriam
Marybeth

CARD 1
went with a wedding theme!
 I used a nesting die set from Nellie's to create my embossed background. I just lined up the dies and embossed rather than cut. Then I cut the two smallest of the set to stamp and layer the Bliss sentiment.

 I cut two birds to layer on my card. I cut one normally and removed the pieces. The other I added a sheet of ScorPal tape to the back of the paper before die cutting. I used heavy weight paper (#110) so that the die would not cut all the way through the heavy paper and the tape layer.  The tape then holds all the little pieces in place. I've shown a front view of the two dies (above) and the backside of the dies is below.

 Here's an up close view. I layered the two die cut birds and bent the top bird's wing back for a little dimension. Of course, I had to sneak a little bow in there! Finished card size is an A2 and opens tent style at the bottom.

On the inside of the card I added a little left over strip of paper and the Congratulations sentiment.

CARD 2
 When I was rustling through my stamps, I found the Merry Christmas Arc was the perfect size to match up with the Dove! What a happy discovery! I've stepped out the process of how I added the glitter below. While it looks like several involved steps it actually goes very quickly! 
 I used #110 white paper and added an sheet of double sided ScorPal tape to the the top. I die cut it... the die will not cut all the way through the paper because it is a heavier weight. But it cuts cleanly through the top layer of tape. After cutting remove the large portion of the bird, leaving the small pieces of ScorPal tape in place. The shiny portion that you see is adhesive.

 Next, I cut a second bird die out of white paper. I placed it on top of the open adhesive on my first dove.  I wanted two layers of dove so that it would be extra sturdy as it will be popped up on the card.

 I used a scary looking dental tool type pick to help lift up the top layer of the tiny ScorPal tape pieces - revealing open adhesive. 

 I used Microfine Warm Translucent Glitter to fill in the adhesive areas on the wing. I added a bit more sparkle by threading some iridescent string through the outside edge of my Nestie. 

Here's the close up - the sparkly glitter does not show up well in the picture. I used Spellbinder's Grand Dies to create my card base and layers. 

On the inside I added the Happy Holidays sentiment and a few random stamped Snowflakes

Remember to  leave comments on EACH DT members blog for a chance to win a random drawing for $20 off your next order. On Tues September 2, 2013 the winner will be announced on the Serendipity Blog.

Here are your links:

Julie
Vickie 
Anya 
Jeanne
Jenny - you are here!
Miriam
Marybeth

22 comments:

  1. Thank you for the thorough tutorial of your gorgeous cards. I learned some new techniques and my visual senses were delighted. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are gorgeous! I love the bird die and it works so well for both cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY!!!GORGEOUS CARDS!!!AWESOME WORK,Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards! as always... thanks you so much for your great tutorials as you share your great techniques....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards...love how you made the congrats card and the technique on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Jenny! Love your framing on the first and glittered wings on the second. Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very lovely and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards, and I absolutely LOVE your idea for taping the back of the lower diecut to keep the pieces in. This is a really useful tip and I'll be using it a lot! Thank you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what gorgeous cards. I like the tutorials showing how I can do that also. I love that glittered one, so elegant, must try that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny, what BEAUTIFUL Projects!! Love that you used the score tape to create 2 totally different effects. Your dove on the 2nd card really POPS off that blue and the glitter is such a nice touch. {♥} this die!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and clever! Thanks for the great ideas - I have to try these!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will say it again Jenny, WOW!!!! Love the wedding one and the double image of the bird. Both are gorgeous the blue card with the shimmer twine …love it! Thanks for the tutorials !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the tutorials! I was looking at the loveliness of the cards and thinking I could never do it! Both cards are simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely lovely!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards. Thanks for the tutorial. Definitely a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I admire your work and look forward to each and every post.
    You are an inspiration! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful. I did not think of wedding. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely, the wedding exudes elegance and I the dove for Christmas is beautiful. I love the snowflakes with the sentiment on the Christmas card inside. thanks you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing how you did this! Love your cards! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your idea of putting the two birds together, Jenny. Both of your beautiful cards are so elegant and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, my....Your wedding card is just breath-taking. So elegant!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are gorgeous Jenny!! I wanted to try the embossing and glitter with the die but, didn't have time....yours looks gorgeous...thanks for the tut!!

    ReplyDelete