Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

a quick non-crafty post...

Happy Weekend!
No card today... just a quick post for the folks in the Atlanta area! I don't often post personal stuff. I know you are here to look at cards and share crafty ideas!! 
But I wanted to share just a little bit today...

This month my husband's restaurant Petite Auberge is celebrating 39 years in business. I'm so proud of him and his brother for continuing the family business. This spring they also opened a Specialty Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Boutique in the restaurant. Once every month they host a Friday night party with Cooking Demonstrations, free Hors D'Oeuvres and Specialty Cocktails.... and this Friday, August 23rd is the day! Come visit between 6 and 9 in the evening! No charge to attend. You can find directions and more info using the link above to the restaurant website.
AND.... they will have a special guest for the evening, my father Mark Sillay.  Mark is a well known local Woodturning Artist and Traveling Instructor. While my Dad does a great deal of artsy decorative pieces, he will be sharing more functional items with us for the evening. Mark will be bringing hand turned specialty Peppermills, Salad Bowls, and Wine Stoppers that will be for sale during the evening. These will make wonderful holiday gifts or pick up something for yourself along with a few bottles of Petite's Specialty Olive Oils and Balsamics. You can find more information on Mark by visiting his website at www.marksillay.com. He's just changed web servers and is in the process of getting the website back up to speed! You can watch him in many instructional videos by searching his name on YouTube too! 

If you are free for the evening and want to pop by for a visit mention that you read my little blog and receive 20% off your Olive Oil and Vinegar purchases for the evening! I'll be there around 7pm and you can meet my sweet husband, Anthony who puts up with me... truly my better half!!!

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! Congrats to La Petite Auberge =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man...wish I was not clear across the states...I would be there in a flash! Do hope you have a great evening! Congrats to the family business! Now I understand where your craftiness comes from :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! You should be very proud!
    If I lived closerI would have come...
    Enjoy those special days in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my what a Lovely restaurant Petite Auberge looks like... and sounds like a Fun evening for sure. As the others above I too am many miles from Atlanta but will be there in spirit for sure!
    Thanks for sharing such a Lovely family story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you and your DH, Jenny! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete