Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

SSCB#16 Serendipity Stamps - Fabric Challenge


Welcome to a new challenge for Serendipity Stamps! 
The Serendipity Challenge this week is all about Fabric! You can find all the details on how to play along with us at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge BlogWith each challenge we always have a gift certificate up for grabs to a random player. 

Check out how the DT used fabric for this challenge:
Jenny Gropp - you are here!


I created the card front with a layer of fabric. I know you can use dies to cut through a lot of different items, but this was the first time I tried fabric. I was really pleased with the result and loved the look and FEEL of the fabric on the card front. 

 I covered card stock with a sheet of wide ScorPal tape. I removed the adhesive and laid the fabric on the adhesive.

Adding the fabric to the card stock really made a difference when cutting. It cut nice and clean right to the edge. The finished card fits nicely in to an A2 Envelope.

  • Stamps by Serendipity: #1233E Joy to You
  • Ink: Versafine Olympia Green
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Natural White (ivory)
  • Other: Bow Easy Tool, Misc. Ribbon, Spellbinder's Reverse Wonky Rectangles, Spellbinder's Ovals and Scalloped Ovals, Adhesive Pearls, Foam Tape


5 comments:

  1. Great tip ,about the cardstock and the fabric. Cant wait to try it!
    Love how this turned out and the fabric choice is gorgeous! Love this one too Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!!!Tanks for the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out beautifully. I love that you showed me how to do it too - it looks like even I can do it and will probably give it a try!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have some Christmas fabric from last year I was to scared to try. This looks like a wonderful way to experiment. Your card is dynomite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally tried to do this. Loved your card so much I had to try.
    Used thermoweb instead of tape since I had large sheets and it worked perfectly. The die cutting helped to seal the fabric to the card stock. Thanks again for a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete