Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

SSBC#15 - Serendipity Postage Stamp Challenge



Welcome to a new challenge for Serendipity Stamps! 
The Serendipity Challenge this week is all about Postage Stamps! You can draw inspiration from any type of postage stamp, just share it along with your project when you post. You can find all the details on how to play along with us at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog. With each challenge we always have a gift certificate up for grabs to a random player. Here are the postage stamps that the team was given to take inspiration from, easy to get the mojo going with these!
Check out the cards the team came up with for this challenge:

Jenny Gropp - you are here!


  I took the challenge quite literally! Serendipity has no shortage of beautiful floral images to choose from in the Garden Section. Once I decided on my image, I pulled out Spellbinder's Postage Stamp Dies to use for the card base. I stepped out the coloring below showing the Copics I used for this card.

 The pretty Zinnia image was my choice for today. I know I always choose the same colors for butterflies... but I can't resist this combo. The E90's are just the right shade to me!

Next, some quick layering of greens for the leaves and stems. There is so much shading in the image that it allows for a quick color and not having to worry about being perfect with color transitions.

 Saving the best for last... I used these beautiful YR60's on the flowers and added just a touch of yellow at the end to brighten things up.

This card super simple. I left the focus on the pretty image... I didn't even add foam tape or a bow! I added one simple 1/16"edge mat using my Perfect Layers Rulers

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. You are a fantastic colorist. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card!Beautiful coloring,Great design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a treat to see your coloring - the shading is always perfection and this one has yummy bright colors! You still amaze me lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tut on coloring! this is gorgeous!! Yes, Mary has some gorgeous flowers- thinking I need to get some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! You have outdone yourself with the coloring here! Looks just like the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card and couldn't be more appropriate for the challenge. TFS your method of coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ....I just love what you made. You are so clever and an inspiration to us. Thanks a lot for sharing your pretty art work.
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Jenny, such a beautiful job on the flowers- love your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, Jenny...this is GORGEOUS! Your coloring is amazing and I love that you let the image take center stage. Thanks for the tutorial photos of how you colored this, and for your thoughts on what you did. It's great to be able to pick up tips here and there, and I picked up a few from you here! :)

    ReplyDelete