Thursday means it's for a new challenge from Impression Obsession! The Design Team was given the theme Travel - Vacation to inspire our creations this week. So come on and join us for this fun challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog.
Daniela @ For the First Time
Dina @ Mama Dini's Stamperia
Ellen @ The Serendipitous Stamper
Here's my summer vacation card for today! Blue Sky, sand, little butterfly fluttering around and sunshine... sounds good!
I stamped the image using Memento's Espresso Truffle... a dark brown. I thought black may be too heavy for the sand castle. I used B21 for the sky. The other browns I used for the sand castle and ground.... I used the very tip of my pen to make small dots, adding a little texture. I also used the "fur technique" with Copic Blending Solution and a rag to remove some color. For the grass I used BG96 and G82.
Here's the inside of the card. I added another sentiment on the inside from the Summer Clear Set. I always like to use any leftover paper to add a little strip or border die inside.
- Stamps by Impression Obsession: G1817 Sand Castle, WP382 Sun and Fun Clear Set
- Dies by Impression Obsession: Border Duo Three DIE019-V, Butterfly Set DIE046-A
- Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle
- Paper: Blue, Neenah Classic Crest Natural White (ivory), Yellow Check - 12x12 by Jillibean Soup, Kraft
- Other: Corner Chomper - Rounder, Jute String, Bow Easy Tool, Copics, Spellbinder's Ovals, Spellbinder's Rectangles, Perfect Layer Rulers