Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

IO - Lazy Crazy Summer


Thursday means it's for a new challenge from Impression Obsession! The Design Team was given the theme Travel - Vacation to inspire our creations this week. So come on and join us for this fun challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog

Check out what vacation inspired creations everyone came up with today:
Daniela @ For the First Time
Jeanne @ Inky Paws
Jenny @ One Krafty Kat - you are here!
Kittie @ Kittie Kraft 
Laura @ Laura's Stamp Art Journal
Vicki @ Summerthyme Studio


 Here's my summer vacation card for today! Blue Sky, sand, little butterfly fluttering around and sunshine... sounds good!

I stamped the image using Memento's Espresso Truffle... a dark brown. I thought black may be too heavy for the sand castle. I used B21 for the sky. The other browns I used for the sand castle and ground.... I used the very tip of my pen to make small dots, adding a little texture. I also used the "fur technique" with Copic Blending Solution and a rag to remove some color. For the grass I used BG96 and G82.

Here's the inside of the card. I added another sentiment on the inside from the Summer Clear Set. I always like to use any leftover paper to add a little strip or border die inside. 

4 comments:

  1. Love your card!!!Very Pretty!!!Love your castle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic summer scene Jenny! Your coloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coloring on your castle... I am almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job creating a sandy looking castle! Love the rounded corners on opposite sides and the wrapped twine and butterfly. This is such a fun summer-y card.

    ReplyDelete