Welcome to Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC231) for this week! Allison is this week's hostess! She has a different kinda challenge for us today, there's a few tiny rules but they are easy and FUN! Find all the details on the Flourishes Blog about how to play along with our Timeless Tuesday Challenges and link up your project.
Here are the details on Allison's challenge for us:
We're right in the throws of wedding season so this week, create a card or project where you use something "Old, New, Borrowed & Blue":
- OLD - something older from your product stash
- NEW - the newest stamp that your just acquired
- BORROWED - scraplift a "design" from our Flourishes Gallery (please link the project inspiration piece from our gallery)
- BLUE - add something blue on it!
- It does NOT have to be a wedding themed project!Check out what the ladies created this week:
- Allison Cope
- Broni Holcombe
- Cheryl Lea
- Deborah Anton
- Denise Marzec
- Katie Sims
- Judy Rozema
- July's Guest Designer: Magaret Gilmer
- Jenny Gropp -that's me!
I totally followed the rules for this one!
- NEW: Flourishes Garden Fairies Stamp Set
- OLD: Paper from Basic Grey 6x6 Two Scoops Collection
- BORROWED: I scrap lifted the card layout from a beauty that Cindy Lawrence created. You can find it here on this LINK. I stayed pretty true to the layout that Cindy created!
- BLUE: I added blue paper and airbrushing!
I started by Stamping the fairy and using the Outside of the Box Technique using Spellbinder's Labels 28. I stamped the fairy on Eclipse Tape and cut it out to make the image when I airbrushed with Copic B52.
After airbrushing I colored the image using the Copics I have shown above.
On the inside I added some leftover paper scraps and a fun sentiment from the Garden Fairies Stamp Set.
Here's the final up close! I added a little foam tape for dimension. Of course a fairy needs to sparkle so I added a row of Swarovski Light Blue Crystals along the bottom. And I used a Viva Holographic Glitter Liner to lightly add sparkle to the flower and fairy wings.
- Stamps: Flourishes Garden Fairies Stamp Set
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, ALL other paper is from Basic Grey's 6x6 Collection Two Scoops
- Other: Foam Tape, Viva Holographic Glitter Liner, Ribbon by SU, Bow Easy Tool, Swarovski Crystals, Border Punch by EK Success, Eclipse Tape, Button by Basic Grey, Spellbinder's Labels 28