Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #231 - FTTC231 - Old, New, Borrowed & Blue!




Welcome to Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC231) for this week! Allison is this week's hostess! She has a different kinda challenge for us today, there's a few tiny rules but they are easy and FUN! Find all the details on the Flourishes Blog about how to play along with our Timeless Tuesday Challenges and link up your project.

Here are the details on Allison's challenge for us:

We're right in the throws of wedding season so this week, create a card or project where you use something "Old, New, Borrowed & Blue":
    • OLD - something older from your product stash
    • NEW - the newest stamp that your just acquired
    • BORROWED - scraplift a "design" from our Flourishes Gallery (please link the project inspiration piece from our gallery)
    • BLUE - add something blue on it! 
    • It does NOT have to be a wedding themed project! 

      Check out what the ladies created this week:




I totally followed the rules for this one!
    • NEW: Flourishes Garden Fairies Stamp Set 
    • OLD: Paper from Basic Grey 6x6 Two Scoops Collection 
    • BORROWED: I scrap lifted the card layout from a beauty that Cindy Lawrence created. You can find it here on this LINK. I stayed pretty true to the layout that Cindy created!
    • BLUE: I added blue paper and airbrushing!
 I started by Stamping the fairy and using the Outside of the Box Technique using Spellbinder's Labels 28. I stamped the fairy on Eclipse Tape and cut it out to make the image when I airbrushed with Copic B52.

 After airbrushing I colored the image using the Copics I have shown above.

 On the inside I added some leftover paper scraps and a fun sentiment from the Garden Fairies Stamp Set.

Here's the final up close!  I added a little foam tape for dimension. Of course a fairy needs to sparkle so I added a row of Swarovski Light Blue Crystals along the bottom. And I used a Viva Holographic Glitter Liner to lightly add sparkle to the flower and fairy wings.

10 comments:

  1. Ooooo, Jenny, this is gorgeous! Beautiful color palette, and I love the mix of patterns. As usual, your coloring is stunning. I noticed that when you airbrushed the background, you didn't worry about masking the leaves and grass, yet it didn't affect your coloring. Very cool! I didn't realize you could do that. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the great tutorial on coloring your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, this is lovely!! I love the airbrushing -- wish I had that! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors used and your coloring is great! I have never "got" the out of the box technique. How do you keep from cutting off the out of the box parts-feet and wings, etc.? A slow learner. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love all the different textures you used! Your coloring is awesome also! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, this is lovely! I love everything about it. So inspiring....gotta look for my fairy stamp now. Thanks for sharing your vision and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual Jenny... fabulous! Wonderful airbrushing and perfect sparkles to finish it off on the wings! Love how many of us used this set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Jenny! Love the colour palette ... so soft and dreamy! Love the colouring of your fairy! Stunning card this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulously beautiful card, Jenny! I love that so many of us used the Garden Fairies and I love your choice of colors! Such beautiful blingy details too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like something straight out of a children's book! Love the pastels and prints you used....you certainly know your way around the Copics, that's for sure! Beautiful card this week, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete