Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #230 - Christmas in July with a small catch...


Welcome to Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC230) for this week! Katie is this week's hostess! She wants everyone to get a head start on Christmas cards...but there's a catch...your card needs to be semi flat for mailing, so no big bows or lumpy, bumpy envelopes here! So put aside your foam tape and pop dots for this one! I saw Katie last week and she was sweet enough to bring me a cookie from my favorite restaurant... so I decided I would grumble too much! Foam tape is usually a main item on my cards!

FTTC#230 Make it FLAT and Christmas Themed! 
Check out what seasonal creations we all came up with:



I created a "sweet" and simple little card using the Sweets of the Season Stamp Set. I crated the card base using Spellbinder's Labels 28. I used a smaller die from the same set to frame my sentiment. I added some airbrushing and piercing before I removed the small label from the die. As per Katie instructed everything is flat, no popped up layers. It was hard to resist! I did sneak a little bow in there... but its not too bumpy, I promise!! 

I airbrushed with V25. I stamped my gingerbread men in Memento Tuxedo Black and hand cut them out, leaving a little white border showing. You can see the colors I used for them, I chose my colors by trying to match the same tones in the Gingerbread Delights Graphic 45 paper. I enhanced the little frosting stripes using a Signo White Gel Pen. I added a little Glossy Accents to give a little shine to the "frosted" areas.

Here's the inside. The little purple candy cane stripe is on the back of the Gingerbread Delights paper. I used a few left over pieces on the inside. I glue my strips down and then die cut  - so I get nice clean edges. I usually use ScorPal Tape or Ultimate Glue to adhere my small strips. I make sure to glue the entire strip so that the edges don't peel up. 
  •   Stamps by Flourishes Stamps: Sweets of the Season
  •   Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia, Memento Tuxedo Black
  •   Paper: Graphic 45 Gingerbread Delights from the 8x8 paper pad, Neenah Classic Crest Natural White, Green
  •   Other: Spellbinder's Labels 28, Ribbon by May Arts, Bow Easy Tool, Copics/ABS, Piercing Tool, White Signo Gel Pen

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Loved how you matched the paper and the other gingerbreads. Fantastic job. Also love the card base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!Love your card!!!Love the design,Awesome gingerbreads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... cutest Christmas card ever!!! Love the shape, the addition of the cute papers and your colouring of the gingerbread men is awesome! Super cute card this week Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!! You know I love all your cards, right? Love the shape of this and those darling gingerbread men are perfect cozied up to that sweet sentiment! You patterned papers compliment this beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutie pututie! It's soooo fun! Love it Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous card, even though it's "semi-flat"!! The patterned paper, your adorable gingerbread men and the great shaped card add more than enough of an impact! Great design, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, this is adorable! I love the gingerbread paper. You did a fantastic job of matching your Copics to it. And, those little guys look like they just popped out of the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you used a different shape for your card. Great paper.

    ReplyDelete