Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Serendipity Challenge #13 - Zentangles

Welcome to a new challenge for Serendipity Stamps! 
The Serendipity Challenge this week is about Zentangles!
Not familiar with Zentagles?

 From the Zentangle website: 
Zentangle is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. Almost anyone can use it to create beautiful images. It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well being. The Zentangle method is enjoyed all over this world across a wide range of skills, interests and ages. Visit the Zentangle Website for more fun info! 

You can join along with us at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog. With each challenge we always have a gift certificate or prize and this challenge has a great prize up for grabs to a random player: A set of 30 alcohol ink based markers from Marvy Uchida!

If you are in the mood to shop head over to the website, you'll find our special this week is Buy Three, Get one free! The special is good through 6/12. A lot of the Wood Mounted stamps on sale have been sold out but there are still tons left and you can mention these as well. Get them while they last here.

Check out the cards the team came up with for this challenge:
Jenny Gropp - you are here!

So... I was a little cheaty today with the challenge. A while ago I was in to Zentangles big time. I really love doing them but haven't had them time to work on them lately. So I pulled from a file....
This is an 8 1/2" x 11" paper that was white! I Zentangled the entire page! I traced a CD overlapping circles and that was the starting point for me, building off those lines with freehand doodles. I scanned it in to my picture files. When I feel like using some Zentangles but don't have the create time, I will print this off to use! 

I paired my Zentangle background up with one of our newer stamps To the World.

I used the smallest die in Spellbinder's Grand Labels One to create my card base... glueing two dies together at the top. On the back panel I scored it about an inch down so the back panel would swing open easily. This is how I create the shaped card bases. I also added a strip of Zentangles along the bottom of the inside.

  • Stamps by Serendipity Stamps: #1284E To the World
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Black, White
  • Other: Ribbon by May Arts, Bow Easy Tool, Spellbinder's Circle Nesties, Spellbinder's Grand Labels One

11 comments:

  1. This is just stunning and the black and white is so effective. Such a true saying as well.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jenny...this is spectacular! You are amazing with this art form. I love what you have done and the card is as beautiful as the zentangle patterns. Great job, you blew me away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background you created! What a great idea to scan it and reuse it as I imagine it does take some time to create all the intricate doodles! Gorgeous card! Love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!This is BEAUTIFUL!Love the background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! You rocked this Jenny! - look mom no coloring too!!!! Fabulous - looks like lots of work but BAM! Look at the big impact! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific idea, Jenny! I've also heard of, and seen people use Dream Weaver templates as outlines for "Zentagling" too ~ something I'd like to do since I have several templates. I particularly like it when cardmakers step outside the box and create a stylish, innovative card. There are so many ways to incorporate different art media into card making and this beauty is proof ~ well done! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous doodling here and beautiful black and white card! You sure know how to zentangle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing zentangle Jenny, such a wonderful selection of patterns to choose from. Thank you for your kind comments on my feeble efforts lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Classic beauty in black & white. Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The card shape is perfect with this sentiment and your zentangle is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing Jenny! You certainly look to be expert at Zentangle. I have taken a couple of classed but I seem to feel the tangle more than the zen. Love what you did with this!

    ReplyDelete