Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

IO - Floral Get Well

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! The Design Team was given the theme "Bloom where you are Planted"  theme to inspire our creations this week. So come on and join us for this fun challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog

Check out what everyone came up with today:
Daniela @ For the First Time
Jeanne @ Inky Paws
Jenny @ One Krafty Kat - you are here!
Julie @ Out to Impress
Kittie @ Kittie Kraft 
Laura @ Laura's Stamp Art Journal
Vicki @ Summerthyme Studio



 I stamped the flowers first - Daffodil Trio Border. The Get Well sentiment came next.  Then I glued the yellow paper along the top and bottom. Last I die cut the shape. That way my edges are nice and clean. You can see the Copics I used to color the flowers. 

 This is 1/16" Black Rainbow Tape I added along the edge of both yellow top and bottom. Just gives it a really nice finished edge. I wrap the ends around the back of the panel.

This is the inside.... I get a lot of emails about shaped cards and this is how I make them. I cut two black panels using the smallest die in Spellbinder's Grand Labels 23.  The back die is scored about a half inch down. I glue the two tops together - putting adhesive above the score line and then lining them up. I like to use wet glue, The Ultimate Glue is always my first choice. The wet glue gives you a little wiggle room to be able to line up everything perfectly.

You can see (sort of) the flowers were stamped a second time and then cut out. I added the second flowers with foam tape for a little dimension. A little bow to finish it off.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!Love the design,colors are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful & cheery design Jenny! Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the combination of black and yellow colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny this is beautifully elegant and the bow finishes it off perfectly.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color combo and design! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique shape. I really like what you did with the tape. It really adds a professional feel. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love that tape, I'll need to find me some of that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the technique that you used to connect the shaped cards' pieces!! This is lovely. I've always been a fan of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, this is GORGEOUS! I love the shape of the card, and the dimension in the flowers--it shows up well in the photo. Thanks for all the how-to photos. I love seeing how other people put their cards together.

    ReplyDelete