Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

IO - Bohemian Butterfly

Time for a new challenge from Impression Obsession! The Design Team was given the theme "Colors of Summer"  theme to inspire our creations this week. So come on and join us for this fun challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog

Check out what everyone came up with today:
Daniela @ For the First Time
Jeanne @ Inky Paws
Jenny @ One Krafty Kat - you are here!
Julie @ Out to Impress
Kittie @ Kittie Kraft 
Laura @ Laura's Stamp Art Journal
Vicki @ Summerthyme Studio

 I think the new Bohemian Bazaar collection from Graphic 45 certainly fits the theme of Summer Colors! I cut the circle base from the IO Circle Shaker Die and ran it through a CB Folder to add some embossing. I added the printed chipboard circle and then used the IO Fancy Butterfly Die in the center of it, popping it with Dimensional silicone to keep the wings curved. I cut the solid butterfly out of yellow for the bottom layer. For the fancy butterfly I positioned the die cut evenly over a flower in the printed paper... that way the colors and the design are some what symmetrical.

A border die and left over paper strips accent the inside of the card.

I added the Summer Strip along the bottom to fit with the challenge. There is a great Summer Themed Clear Set that has some great sentiments for fun summery cards or layouts! 

10 comments:

  1. OMG, love that paper and colors! Good job too, of course! Is the G45 paper in now? And my ruler? May have to make a trip to Roswell. QKK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of papers for the colors of summer ! Love how you made and framed the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and design! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!Beautiful card!Love the colors,the butterfly is Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is perfection! I love your attention to the details. That's what sets your work apart from the rest. Thank you for expanding my left brain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, I can't stop looking at this one. Let me grab another coffee and come right back so I can stare some more. Your colours are fabulous. The DP is perfect, and I love how you did the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! Jenny, this so bright and cheerful. full of spring colors, and details are gorgeous. Love your embossing as well. just a super card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jenny, What a Beautiful Card I Love the fabulous Colours and The Beautiful Butterfly.
    My name is Sam I've just joined your Blog I'm from England so I will be checking in more often as I also applied for updates through e-mail, great Blog, I Love it as you also use Copic pens and so do I and I love to pick up hints and tips.
    Hugs from Sam

    ReplyDelete