Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Impression Obsession Butterfly



 Well.... This card is simple and could be reproduced fairly quickly... I worked on it for over two hours. I'm not even kidding. I die cut a lot of layers using different colors and played around mixing and matching. I ended up with all white! Sometimes the mojo flows and sometimes not so much! I used only a portion of the Paris Postcard image as the focus of my card.

You can see I stamped the butterfly twice and then cut the second butterfly, cutting along the butterfly edge. Not a lot of technique on the coloring, just add colors around blending one color in to the next. Y23 covers the entire butterfly as my last layer of color. 

 I gently bent the wings of the second butterfly. I glued the body down flat and then the wings are supported using dimensional silicone. The silicone will dry with the curve in place, which means the wings will never go flat.

On the inside.... I used the Scalloped Flag Die to add my sentiment. You can also see I added a plain white layer on the inside... this just gives the back flap of my card a little extra support. I also prefer to use 110# paper for may card bases, especially when the card is made from delicate dies.


  • Stamps by Impression Obsession: F8864 Paris Postcard, CS377 Kate (sentiment)
  • Dies by Impression Obsession: DIE015-F Flag Die Set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White #110
  • Other: Marianne Creatables Square Frame Die #MLR0234 (Outside Square Layer), Nellies Multi Frames Stichting Square 1 #MDF033 (all other die cuts on the front of the card), Bow Easy Tool, May Arts Ribon, Foam Tape, Dimensional Silicone

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is another Jenny special. Loving the all white with the beautiful coloured butterfly that pops against it.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!Your coloring is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with white on white! Great foil for those beautiful butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the white and the beautiful butterfly. Great copic skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I like the all white, it makes that wonderful butterfly pop! Love this stamp, I have not been able to get it yet but it is on my wish list. Thank you for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, I love all of those wonderful layers. This is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the mojo gods smiled on you, it's gorgeous! Love the pop of color and dimension!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love how you colored the butterfly & that it is the only color on the card--stunning!

    ReplyDelete