Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #226 - Make a Splash!



Broni is our challenge hostess today and her challenge is to Make a Splash.... use watercolors, a water scene, you get the idea!  Find all the details of how to enter the challenge on the Flourishes BlogCheck out what the team came up with this week!

FTTC#226 Make a Splash!

 I pulled out the Swan Lake Set for today's challenge. It certainly met the water challenge! I had never inked up this set so I was pleased to finally have a reason to ink it up. Lots of scenes to create with this set, mixing and matching different elements... it depends on how much masking you are willing to do. 

 I stamped my swan first I masked it using Eclipse Tape and then I stamped the foreground and last the background. I added a little moon circle using Eclipse Tape and then airbrushed. You can see the colors I used to airbrush in the picture above. 

 After airbrushing, I added more coloring to the image using the pictured Copic Markers.

Here's the up close picture. I stamped and cut out a second swan wing, which is popped up for dimension. The little hello sentiment is from the Tag Lines set. It fits perfectly in to the smallest die from Spellbinder's Floral Ovals. I added some foam tape in between layers for dimension and of course some ribbon and bow to embellish!

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...this is such a BEAUTIFUL card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so beautiful and elegant. The bow with sentiment finishes it off perfectly.
    {I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny, this is gorgeous! I love the scene you created and your coloring is amazing! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jenny, this is gorgeous! I love your close scene you have designed. The coloring is just awesome!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So real, beautiful scene and fab coloring skills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Jenny, this is just stunning! I love how you created your water scene. The airbrushing, the coloring, the moon...it's all gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Absolutely stunning! I have this set and it has yet to be inked because I find it a bit intimidating. You have inspired me to use it. Your card is absolutely amazing! Thank you very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love the background paper and die cut. The ribbon is just right. The coloring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and romantic swan card! Your work is so stunning. I think it's because of your superior coloring skills. Love the Halloween and Birthday card too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Jenny! This is beautiful! I love the yellow sky and white sun, and the reflection of the swan in the water looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is amazing! I like the background and perfectly colored image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful scene - love how you even have the reflection of the swan :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowsers Jenny! This is amazing! The colouring of your image is just stunning - the water with the swan's reflection is amazing! Great take on this week's challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a gorgeous card! Love your swan scene.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Jenny this is fabulous! Love the scene you created and the perfect ending touches to make it pop! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning!! Your coloring is perfection!! And I love how you framed the image with the beautiful textured bg!! Sweet little tag too! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete