Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #223 - From the Garden


 Welcome to this week's Timeless Tuesday post for Flourishes! Our theme this week is from Katie and it is all about things From the Garden. Veggie, Fruits... if it can grow in the garden, stamp it and play along!  Find all the details of how to enter the challenge on the Flourishes BlogCheck out what the team came up with this week!

FTTC#223 From the Garden Challenge:


 We can't even grow tomatoes anymore, the birds and the squirrels are vicious! Last year we had just a few plants on the deck and the squirrels would pick off the green tomatoes take a few bites and toss it on the ground. They were so bold they would even grab the tomatoes when we were sitting on the screen porch just feet away! With our garden theme for today I pulled out one of my favorite sets from Flourishes: Strawberries.

 I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Neenah Natural White paper, which is more of an ivory color. I love letting a few elements hang out side of the circle, using the outside the box technique with my nesties. I added a little bit of BG0000 in the background.

I used Copic Reds from the Flourishes' Poppy Collection. I added a few little spots of G20 on my berries too, as a little highlight. After coloring the strawberries, I used the 0Blender to remove just  tad of color in the little seed holes.


Since I stamped on ivory paper I was able to color the flowers white with a white marker to make them pop out a little more. Y23 is in the flower's centers.
 The Greens I used are from Flourishes Pistachio Collection.  Love these greens! 


 I cut the largest die from the Spellbinder's Tear Drop Circles to create this green layer. I added jute string detail around the edge.

I added a little hello tag in the lower corner from the Tag Lines set. I cut it out using the smallest die in the Flourishes set Perfectly Pierced Victorian Oval Dies. I hand cut the little green layer around the tag.

14 comments:

  1. Just goes to show you why you are one of my favorite crafters! Such lovely details and coloring. Great threading details too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Your coloring is perfect and I love that extra stitching around the die. So summery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just marvelous! LOVE all your photos showing the steps -- and the jute around your frame is a brilliant idea. Beautiful project, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely strawberries - and love how you did the string around the die cut!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, Jenny! The strawberries are beautiful and the way you wove the jute is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, I am such a fan of your coloring and creative details on your cards. The strawberries is one of my favorite sets too and your sure did show it off beautifully! Loved hearing about your squirrel dilemma...yeah, they mess with my stuff too, as well as the dear and rabbits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. First of all, you chose strawberries - my favorite fruit. The stamping and coloring are marvelous. I am crazy about embossing and love the pattern you chose for the background. How clever of you to weave the jut around the die cut circle. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL CARD! I love how you colored and the twine threaded through the mat is so pretty! Great dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowsers Jenny! This is awesome! Lovin' your colouring, your stitched matting! It's all just fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny, the framing of the die is awesome and I love your tutorial...beautiful card my friend! We need to get together soon...we miss you guys :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Jenny, gorgeous colouring on the strawberries, and a great use of that twine. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one of my favorite sets, and I LOVE how you did the jute string around the die!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply Stunning.. love it.. from the background embossed paper to the little hello tag.. fabulous creation..

    ReplyDelete