Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

SSCB #11 - For the Guys!

Welcome to a new challenge for Serendipity Stamps! The Serendipity Challenge this week is all about cards for the guys. You can join along with us at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog. With each challenge we always have a gift certificate up for grabs to a random player. 

Check out the masculine cards the team came up with for this challenge:
Jenny Gropp - you are here!

 I wanted to color up this Golf Bag and found that Spellbinder's Labels 21 was a good match to frame the image. 

 I airbrushed a little BG23 around the edges while the image was still in the die frame. I added a little piercing detail around the edges. I hand cut a skinny red border.

 A quick color on this image. You can see the Copics I used above.

 The Happy Father's Day sentiment fit inside just right! Every once in awhile it works out perfectly! 

Here's an up close. I added a few little black gems to embellish. It was hard, very hard, but I refrained from adding a bow.

8 comments:

  1. You could not have chosen a better shape for the golf bag image! Love your coloring again and those little bits of bling on the plaid background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta say I do love a shaped card and this one is amazing! Love the plaid, the red and aqua together, and your beautifully colored golf bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh ! I love the way you colored this bag! Love the red color and the hand cut red trim. Truly a perfect guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Jenny this shaped card looks fantastic! Love your wonderfully colored image and the paper pierced border!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for the guys!!!
    Congradulations on joining the Flourishes Team - can't wait to see you using thier stamps more often!!!
    I am hoping to make a trip to Atlanta this summer and will try and see what classes are going on...my DD goes off to college this fall so thinking to make it a 'girls' trip....might see ya then.

    ReplyDelete