Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Some FUN news and a CARD!!!!

I have a card to share, but I first I have some really fun news to share!
I am thrilled to be joining the very talented and creative design team for Flourishes! 
If you know me, then you know Flourishes Stamps are some of my most favorite images to color. I'm super excited to be part of the team and share more Flourishes creations on my little blog.

I am part of the Friends of Flourishes Design Team, which means that each and every Tuesday I will be sharing a Flourishes card. And every Tuesday you can play along with the team. Each Tuesday will bring a different challenge and there is always a prize up for grabs too! There are two more talented ladies joining the team along with me.... Katie Sims and Judy Rozema. Please use this link to go the announcement on Flourishes and get to know my other new teammates.

 So here is a quickie card, made with Flourishes Stamps today, of course! I used the Tiny Flowers and Tags Set. It has all sorts of little flowers and sentiments that make perfect small tags. Today I just used the Daisy and one of the little sentiments. The small flowers and words fit perfectly in this little nine square die! I used Spellbinder's Lacey Squares to create the card base.

 I adhered the black frame to white card stock. Then I stamped the daisy and sentiment in the little squares. I colored the background in the little squares with Y32 so that the daisies would pop out white.  A tiny amount of G20 in the centers of the flower petals. Y35 is in the center. I used Perfect Layer Rulers to trim the white layer, I used the 1/16" edge.

Here's an up close. I added a bow, of course! And I added a little drop of Viva Clear Glass Gel Pen on the center of each flower. I used foam tape in between in some of the layers to add dimension. 
  • Stamps: Flourishes Tiny Flowers and Tags
  • Dies: Spellbinder's Lacey Squares Nesties, Art Gone WIld - Crafty Cutts Dies #CCD-011 Nine Square
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Black, Yellow
  • Other: Copics, Perfect Layer Rulers, 1/8" White Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Viva Clear Glass Gel, TIm Holtz Embossing Folder, Foam Tape

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the design and sunshine colouring. Congrats on your new well deserved creative position.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Jenny! Welcome to the Flourishes Family! So glad you are part of the FOF team. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Jenny! I love Flourishes and you are a perfect fit there.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have rocked their images in the past, and will continue to do so. Your coloring is amazing. Congrats, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling, Jenny!! I love how you used that tiny little daisy! I am so looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I can't wait to see what you'll create and this one is a gorgeous card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, I am SO excited...for you and Flourishes...and for all of us who love Flourishes! You make amazing cards, and I've been following your blog only a few months now...wow! Thanks for sharing your creative talent with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not know how I missed this big announcement-but boy am I tickled for you!!! They are lucky to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete