Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Serendipity New Release Blog Hop #2!



We are sharing more of the new designs just released by Serendipity Stamps! Tuesday we showcased the new Pear and Die Set. Today we are showing off new sentiments and floral designs. You can find all of the newest designs available on the Serendipity site HERE.  Want the entire release? Just play along with our Blog Hop and leave comments for the DT - one lucky winner will win the entire release! You have up until Sunday, May 5th to leave comments and be eligible for the random draw to win. The winner will be announced on the Serendipity Stamps Blog page on Monday, May 6th.

Here's the Hop List:
Miriam - Miriam's Delirium 
you are here - Jenny - One Krafty Kat 
Cathy - Empty Nest Crafter 
Pauline - Craft Obsession 
Jeanne - A Kept Life 

 This is a new image called Butterfly Garden. The fun whimsical style look familiar? Serendipity has a new image artist, Natalie Seaton. Natalie also created images for Outlines Stamps (since closed). I have inked up her images quite a few times from when I worked for Outlines! Natalie's images are always fun and whimsical... easy to color and always versatile when it comes to color choices.

 I used the smallest nestie in Spellbinder's Grand Rectangles to frame the image. I stamped on Neenah Classic Crest Natural White using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I added the little print paper and pink strip prior to cutting the image out with the nestie. Makes for a nice clean cut edge. You can see the Copics I used in the above picture. I chose my colors based on the colors in the printed paper. The little floral print is from Simple Stories 6x6 Collection: Fabulous.

 This "Just Living" sentiment is on the inside of the card. I cut it out with a circle nestie and airbrushed a little Copic R83 before I removed it from the circle die. Below you can see the inside of the card. I thought this was a great little match to the whimsical floral stamp.

The little butterfly, I stamped a second time, cut out, and popped up the second butterfly slightly overlapping the first. I layered the floral image using Perfect Layer Rulers. A little jute string and a bow (just can't resist the bows!) to embellish. I popped up the panel using foam tape. On the flower centers I used a Brown Viva Pearl Pen to add a fun little detail. I add a large circle of pearl pen then tap it on the back of the panel to help get the pearl to settle nicely. I also added some Glossy Accents to the little sunflower centers.

Remember hop around and leave the design team comments on their posts for a chance to win the entire release!
Here's the Blog Hop List again:

Miriam - Miriam's Delirium 
you are here - Jenny - One Krafty Kat 
Cathy - Empty Nest Crafter 
Pauline - Craft Obsession 
Jeanne - A Kept Life 
  

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful. The colors are terrific. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite has to be the just living sentiment! the font is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!Great coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Love the colors and the image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card, your coloring is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these stamps! As always beautiful coloring, love the pinks added with just a bit of brown . Wonderful happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! Beautiful coloring of Natalie's lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this stamp and your technique with the airbrush!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous - beautiful! These were so fun to color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. Your coloring is wonderful. I love the shape too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card. Great colors and the printed paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cordination with the coloring and the design paper! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful, and perfectly colored, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am such a sucker for flower stamps. I love this image. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing colors. I love the accents on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beauty. Your flowers are colored beautifully and I love the twine!
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card - love the colors you used and the design is very pretty - love the whimsical look ! Thanks for sharing 1

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card. Love how you did the flowers the pearl centers are just the perfect touch. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card. I love how your paper matches your stamp design. Also your coloring is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another amazing card. Just beautiful and looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those flowers are so beautiful, I love s lot this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. And I have to say, the colouring is also amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card and awesome coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your card!! Thanks for a chance to win these lovely stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very happy-go-lucky kind of card - just lovely. I have yet to find the Pearl Pens in any local stores and am eager to try them. That's a great tip for the large flower center (to tap from the back). TFS

    ReplyDelete