Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

MarkerPOP! + Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!


Hello everyone and welcome to the MarkerPOP! + Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!!

MarkerPOP! is the home of premium markers plus lots more!
Perfect Paper Crafting provides innovative tools, like the "Perfect Layers (tm)" border making tools/rulers, for all types of paper crafting.

Today we are teaming up to share some amazing projects using some of the awesome Perfect Paper Crafting Tools along with some of our favorite coloring tools from MarkerPOP.com.

If you are just joining the hop, you might want to go back to very beginning and check out all the eye candy! The full hop list and links are at the bottom of this post!

I've got two cards to share today. Both are using Mo Manning images manufactured by Stamping Bella. Love Mo!

CARD 1

This little image is called Cinderella, the picture below explains why! This image works for a fun anytime card for a girlfriend! I stamped on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and of course colored with Copics. I also paper pieced her little apron, using paper from the 6x6 Park Bench paper pad by Fancy Pants.
 I always like to add an inside liner to my cards. With layers on the front, layers on the inside help it look more finished and makes it feel balanced. Of course I reach for my Perfect Layer Rulers to create the nice skinny mats. THe small blue layer was created with the 1/16" edge.

 Here are the Copic Markers I used for the image. I airbrushed a little BG10 before removing it from the oval nestie.  I also adding the piercing before removing it from the die, using the inside of the die's edge to keep my piercing nice and lined up.

Here's an up close picture. Love this frame die from Spellbinders called A2 Filigree Delight!


CARD 2


 This image is called Cupcake Thief. She was definitely fun to color with my Copics! I stepped out the coloring in pictures below.

 I kept the skin simple, using E21 and E000.
A little soft blue shading around the image with BG0000.

 After coloring the hair with the E Copics, I used the Y26 over all of it,the yellow changed it a bit, giving it a reddish finish.

 Simple combinations for the dress and wings.

 E44 and E42 for the cupcake wrappers.

Bright fun colors for the cupcake tops.


PRIZES: We have TWO fun Perfect Paper Crafting prizes up for grabs.  One sponsored by MarkerPOP! and one from Perfect Paper Crafting!

Prize #1 - Sponsored by Perfect Paper Crafting:  $50 Gift Certificate to the PerfectPaperCrafting.com store!

Prize #2 - Sponsored by MarkerPOP!:  Set of Perfect Tears Tools


HOW TO WIN: Visit the blogs on the hop list below and leave a comment on their Blog Hop post.  TWO winners will be randomly selected from all comments left.  The more you comment on, the better your chances of winning!


Hop will run through Saturday, May 25th at 11:59pm EST.  Blog Hop winners will be announced Sunday, May 26th!

Happy Hopping!

38 comments:

  1. Love all your tips and of course, super cute cards.
    hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such fun to watch "in progress"! Your coloring skills are superb!! Such a cute design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!Beautiful cards!Love your work,thanks for sharing,Have a good day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards with fab coloring! I love my Mo stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB cards, and thank you for showing the steps that you did. I've been coloring with Copic markers for several years, but always seem to learn new things when I see lovely work by other artists. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are super cute.

    Smiles Sher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your cards are stunning! I am your newest follower! Love How you created all the wonderful layes!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing your coloring steps! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring is amazing, what wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the sweeping girl's colors and coloring. It's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What adorable cards! Thanks for showing all of your steps and Copics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her paper pieced dress is so cute. It's just perfect. And I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute. Your cards are always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful coloring. This is such a fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  15. *Sigh! Cinderella is adorable and the Cupcake Thief has such sass! I love it! What an amazing coloring job! I love seeing all the projects by the different designers because I "meet" lots of new stamps that I MUST HAVE and I get so inspired! Thanks for sharing your awesome cards! I enjoyed visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are wonderful. I love the way you pierced around the picture of Cinderella. I hadn't thought of piercing it while still in the Nestie die.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those cards. The cupcake thief is gorgeous. Thanks so much for showing us all those copic colors you used. I am just starting out, so I really love to see what other people are using!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cupcake thief card is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! Love this image! You color beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sooo adorable....I love that you included a tutorial too...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the magical lattice work on the background on the Cinderella card accented with the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  22. First of all thanks for including all the photos and explanations - it is very helpful to a beginner like me. :) The cards are absolutely adorable. I feel like Cinderella quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what great coloring! Your card designs are great. You are a masterful designer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing coloring! Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great coloring on your adorable cards.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous colors, love the cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both cards are super cute. Awesome coloring as usual. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous cards! Thanks for the step-out on the coloring. And I have that awesome frame die on my wish list now - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cards. I love the cupcake thief. Love the colors!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful cards. I love the cupcake thief. Love the colors!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your cards are beautiful. I love the cupcake thief!!! Thanks for your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOWZER!!! TOTALLY amazing I love both of your cards. Thanks for sharing your tutorial and I love your colors, everything is so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love both your cards. Beautifully done! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really love Cinderella! I can relate. The other card just makes me hungry? Looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fantastic coloring!!! Thanks for close-ups of all the details!!Loved the paper-piercing and will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete