Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Impression Obsession - What I'm Thankful for....

I have two posts today, so if your looking for the Serendipity Stamps Blog Hop Post, please scroll down one post! 

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! The Design Team was given the theme "I'm thankful for..." to inspire our creations this week. So come on and join us for this fun and easy challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog

Check out what everyone came up with today:
Jeanne @ Inky Paws
Jenny @ One Krafty Kat - you are here!
Julie @ Out to Impress
Kittie @ Kittie Kraft 
Laura @ Laura's Stamp Art Journal
Vicki @ Summerthyme Studio

 So to keep with the challenge theme... I used a friendship quote on the inside of the card. I am thankful for my friendships! People that live close, far away, friends that I talk to almost daily, some every few months... I am so lucky to have a wonderful circle of friends!
I have not done a coloring tutorial in a while so I decided I would step out my coloring process today. I used the image Five Roses. Here is the image... you can see there are five roses, but I only inked up the center three flowers for my card.
 I inked up the center three flowers and used a circle nestie to do the "out of the box" technique, allowing portions of the image to stick outside of the circle.
I used W00 to gently add a soft grey border around the outside edges. It is subtle but it was a little too bright white for me.

 I used Y26 for the first layer of color on the flowers.

I finished covering the flowers with Y21. This really didn't leave me with any highlights or  shading.... so I bactracked in the next step.

 Very rarely do I pull out the Blender pen... but I used it on this to gently remove a little color.

 After using the 0 Blender I went back and filled in the white areas with Y0000. This helped smooth out some of the blotchy areas where I used the Blender.

Next the green, YG97 was my first layer of color for the leaves. My green choices were based on paper I was going to use on my card... but things changed at the end and the green paper didn't make the cut, no pun intended!

I finished the green with YG93. 

I wanted to brighten the leaves a bit, a little yellow thrown in the mix does that easily.

I used the Circle Frame Die Cut as a frame, backing the window portion with yellow vellum. The rose circle will be popped up in the vellum window.

Above is the inside of the card. I used the sentiment Best Things.

Here's an up close of the front. I tucked a little embossed panel in the mix. All of my layers were of course done with Perfect Layer Rulers. Finished card is 4 3/4" Square and opens tent style.

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY!Another beautiful card,Love your stamp,thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card!
    Thanks for the step by step coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I love your work! Great card.....I love your tutorials too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, what a lovely card, I love your work and love your tutorials!
    TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous feeling of friendship. thank you so much for the visual directions on your super coloring...love it.....have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would make a perfect Mothers' Day card...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous … love the buttery yellows on these gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being thankful for friends is awesome. Your flowers are coloured beautifully. Thanks for showing a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art work simply amazes me! Look for it on each IO posting! Thanks for sharing. Nelda in TN

    ReplyDelete
  11. kThe vellum gives the card an open and airy feel, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANKS for sharing!! I LOVE the FUN Design and that Friendship Quote!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please tell me how to do the "out of the box" technique! I love it and your coloring is amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These new stamps are amazing and so is your card...your coloring a really a work of art, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and lovely post, Jenny!

    You are certainly one of those friends for whom I am grateful! And I would be even MORE grateful if you would send me the contact info on that plumber you mentioned!

    Happy Cinco de Mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow--I have that roses stamp, but it never looks like this for me--your work is so beautiful! Thanks for the coloring tutorial. I'm bookmarking it so I can try it as coloring is so not my strength. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another gorgeous card, Jenny! Miss seeing you and working w/ you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jenny,
    Lovely card and post. I really like the idea of using vellum behind an image. I think this may be the first time I've seen something like this. It was a nice background for your roses. Question: Where do you purchase your vellum?

    Sincerely,
    Susie ~

    susie.lessard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete