Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Impression Obsession - Summertime!

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! The Design Team was given the theme "In the Air" to inspire our creations this week. So come on and join us for this fun challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog

Check out what everyone came up with today:
Jeanne @ Inky Paws
Jenny @ One Krafty Kat - you are here!
Julie @ Out to Impress
Kittie @ Kittie Kraft 
Laura @ Laura's Stamp Art Journal
Vicki @ Summerthyme Studio


 Sweet and Simple for today! The challenge was In the Air, maybe I stretched it a bit with the pinwheels... At first I planned on birds or butterflies, but then came across this fun image and felt like playing with it! I used paper from Basic Grey's Collection "Mint Julep" which is full of happy prints and coordinating solids. I paper pieced the pinwheels. The top solid layers are popped up with a little dab of silicone under each flap.

I added a white liner on the inside and a little bit of paper. I stamped the Summer Afternoon sentiment and added that inside. This would make a fun anytime card. Final card size is an A2. 

7 comments:

  1. Such a fun creation. Love the pinwheels and the way you have used the twine.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! memories of childhood. so much fun running with windmills in the wind. love the 3d effect and the different texture prints.....have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design with the patterned papers and the pinwheels, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is terrific, love the different patterns on the pinwheels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now isn't this an interesting twist on the challenge. Love your creativity. You certainly thought outside the box (I clearly have trouble in that department).

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all the pretty papers you used-AND your pretty new Jenny picture! I suppose it is time to change mine...baby Lukey just turned 3! I really need to get me that perfect layer tool-I always love looking at all your nice straight matting!

    ReplyDelete