Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #221 - Butterflies

Welcome to the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge! This week yours truly is the hostess, and my challenge is BUTTERFLIES - FTTC #221. Easy enough for a challenge, so grab some Flourishes stamps and play along! You can find all the details of the challenge on the Flourishes Blog!

Check out what the team came up with for
FTTC#221 Butterflies Challenge:
 Leaving the daisies white makes this a pretty quick card to color and make!  I used Flourishes Gerber Daisies Stamp set. The set has two butterflies in it... one butterfly faces left , the other faces right. having the two butterflies in different directions allows for more creativity when planning your card!

 I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I positioned the Nestie to cut out the portion I wanted. I stamped a second butterfly to cut a wing out and pop up.

I wanted to leave the daisies white. Adding a little background color helps them stand out from the white background. I used BG90 in the background. The G20 is in the center of the flowers for a little highlight. 

Adding a little more color to the center of the flowers. I used the Y000 on s few of the petals just adding a smidgen of yellow. 

Here you can see the butterfly and the second wing too. I used the G85 and G82 for the stems all the other colors were for the butterfly. I used the yellow last on the butterfly, applying it over the entire wing areas, brightening it up a bit. 

I used a sentiment from the From the Garden stamp set on the inside liner of my card. 

Here's the close up. I added a little Crackle Accents to the flower centers, giving it a little shine but too glassy looking. The butterfly wing I curved and popped up with Dimensional Silicone. Finished card is 4 1/4" x 5" and opens at the bottom, tent style. 
  • Stamps by Flourishes: Gerber Daisies, From the Garden
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (sentiment on the inside)
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Brown, Orange DP from Bo Bunny's Mama-razzi2 6x6 paper pad
  • Other: Dimensional Silicone on the the butterfly wing, Bow Easy Tool, Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Rectangle Nesties, Copics, Misc. Ribbon, Ranger's Crackle Accents, Perfect Layer Rulers, Copics, Foam Tape

14 comments:

  1. What a GORGEOUS card, Jenny! The coloring is perfection and I love the layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such a beautiful job with everything you color. Thanks for all the great photo tutorials. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jenny, your coloring always amazes and delights me! Thanks for sharing the steps and showing the colors! What a gorgeous card...so delighted you are on the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say...love everything! Thanks for your sweet comments and support

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, I am always in awe of your coloring and card layouts! This is quite a beauty and I LOVE that you left the daisies white! Just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous Jenny! Great step by step too - I know people love that! Stunning card creation this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, this is gorgeous! And I love how you give a tutorial, it is so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully crafted. Great design and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday.
    Hugs
    Berni, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Francie in MontrealJune 11, 2013 at 6:01 AM

    Just as pretty as a picture! Love everything about your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny - this is stunning. I love your colouring tutorials...I feel like the card beautifully unfolds to me when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI JENNY!!!!!!
    LOOKING for the post for 6-11-13! I LOVE THIS POST & GORGEOUS CARD!!!!!!! :) HOPE ALL IS WELL with you!!!!!! :) CAN'T WAIT to see what you've done with the NEW SET they're showing today!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is great! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The white daisies are fab. Using a light background to highlight them a wonderful idea. thanks for the tutorial. I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete