Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #222 - Summer



  Welcome to another Timeless Tuesday post for Flourishes! Our theme this week is SUMMER. Easy theme to play along with us!  Find all the details of how to enter the challenge on the Flourishes BlogCheck out what the team came up with this week!

FTTC#222 Summer Challenge:

 I chose my image from the Sweet Days of Summer set. It certainly fit the theme easily! Bright colors and some layers made for an easy card today.

 While the image was still in the die, I added some airbrushing with BG13. I also added the piercing, using the inside of the die as my guide to keep me straight. I used W7 to darken the black on the image a bit as needed. 

 I popped up the center circle and the little tag to add a little dimension. The tag is from Flourishes Tailor Made Classic Tags Die set. I hand cut the extra layers on the tag and topped it off with a tiny little bow made with embroidery floss.

Here is the inside of the card. I added some paper on the left... easy to do with left over scraps. The sentiment is from the Sweet Days of Summer set, same as the image. Finished card is 4 1/4" Square and opens tent style at the bottom.

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty, the coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!Coloring is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty~! I love the silhouette image and the colors you chose, Jenny~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Flourishes little girl silhoutte is precious! Great color combo, reminds me of a hot summer sunset cooled down by the crisp white eyelets from Marianne square die! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love your color combinations with that set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome summer card, Jenny! The image and the colors are just perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just simply gorgeous Jenny! Wearing sundresses and playing with the watering can - typical summer day at our house - perfect image! Gorgeous details - I always love your piercing detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Jenny! I love the airbrushing to give a nice softness around the silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, you definitely captured the feel of summertime with this sweet silhouette. Your layout and colors are beautiful and I love the little sentiment treatment you used...adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautifully done! Colors are great, the airbrushing is so well done, clean lines...love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card - inside and out.. love the silhouette with just a pop of color.. great job.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very striking-great details as always. Love the piercing and that wonderful color combo!

    ReplyDelete