Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Blog Hop with Perfect Paper Crafting and Scrapbook Adhesives!

A NEW Blog Hop today! 
This week the Perfect Paper Crafting Team is pairing up with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. Both companies are giving away $50 Gift Certificates to random commenters! So hop around and leave a little comment love for the designers for your chance to win! The Hop ends Friday, May 11th at midnight. Winners will be announced Monday on the Perfect Paper Crafting Blog and the Scrapbook Adhesive Blog.

Here's the hop order:
Scrapbook Adhesives Blog will be featuring projects each day this week!
you are here -  Jenny Gropp

I have several cards to share today. I put away the Copics for the day, just for the day, and only used pretty papers from Graphic 45 and adhesives from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L! I used Graphic 45 Collections to create with - Secret Garden and French Country. I had fun doing something different. Copics are my love, so it is a different approach when I'm just using paper. But I got on a good roll with it and really enjoyed myself! 

CARD #1
 For my first card I used Graphic 45's Secret Garden Collection. The center picture is from the Springtime 12x12 page. The background paper with the writing is from the 12x12 page Seed Fairy. The blue layer is from the 6x6 Secret Garden paper pad, of course I used the 1/16" edge on Perfect Layer Rulers to the get nice even layered mat.  I used Neenah Classic Crest Natural White to create the card base and cut out the Spellbinder's Floral Oval Die.

I tried out several different runners and they all worked wonderfully, but this E-Z Squares Runner was my favorite, and it's refillable too. This is the back of my background panel that went on the blue layer.

I used a Chestnut Roan Cats Eye to add a little brown chalk edge to the oval picture and also the the Seed Fairy writing panel. I used these little Photo Corners, of course also from Scrapbook Adhesives, to add a little corner detail.  You can see the sheet of the photo corners in the background, I cut off the backing piece so that I was left with only the top portion of the corner. Then I used the small foam squares, cutting them in half to   accommodate the small surface of the corner piece.
  
I wanted the corner piece to be a little more noticeable... a  little Swarovski Peach Crystal helped out with that! The corner pieces come in many different colors too! Check it out here!

Here is the inside of the card. You can see the card opens tent style, it is an A2 sized card. A little circle embellishment from the Secret Garden Banners Pack.


CARD #2
I went to the Graphic 45 French Country Collection for this card. I cut out the main image from the 12x12 A La Carte page. I had a second page to cut out the second sunflower that is popped up. I cut it out using Spellbinder's Resplendent Rectangles. I hand cut a skinny layer around the sunflower panel. The green layer is from the 12x12 Promenade Sheet. The yellow is from the 6x6 French Country paper pad. I love having matching solid papers in these G45 Collections. I used my Corner Chomper to round the corners and then used my Perfect Layer Rulers to create the mats. A chalked the edges of a coordinating Chipboard package and added that with a brad. 


I have three layers that are popped up with foam tape... Yes, that's black foam tape! I love this stuff! If you are using dark colors the black foam tape is perfect, you don't see anything noticeable in between the layers! They come in various sizes too. 


CARD #3
Here is my last card for today. I went back to the Graphic 45 Secret Garden Collection. The picture panel is from the 12x12 Springtime page. The blue and the peach layers were created with the 1/16" Perfect Layer Ruler and are both from the Secret Garden 6x6 paper pad. I used Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Rectangles to create the card base. A few Swarovski Crystals brighten this card up around the edges!


I get a lot of questions about how to make shaped cards. So I'd thought I'd share an easy technique. I used Scrapbook Adhesive's Crafty Power Tape (High Tack and Translucent). You can see the shiny tape on the card stock at the top.  I then placed my nestie over it evenly and taped the nestie in place so that it would not shift.



This is it after I die cut the frame. You can see the tape at the top, the tape cuts easily with the die. Now I have perfectly placed adhesive on the top of the frame. All I need to do is peel off the top protective layer on the tape to reveal the sticky. I then scored  across the top of the card. NOTE - two rows of tape would have been better, right up to the score line would be ideal.  

The  Power Tape is translucent , so it's hard to see in the picture. I peeled off the tape and lined up a second die cut to match, no score line in the top. The score on the back panel allows it to swing open.

You can see how the card base came together in this picture above.

More foam squares on the back of the picture panel. Dimension adds so much more interest! Thanks for   checking out our hop today! Hope you enjoyed all the projects the team is showing off today! Remember the ScrapBook Adhesives Blog is showing projects every day this week!

 Here's the hop order again:
Scrapbook Adhesives Blog will be featuring projects each day this week!
Jenny Gropp - you are here!

37 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. I love Graphic 45.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Pretty Cards. I must get me some of those black foam squares. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Cards! I too love G45 & think its a perfect match for perfect tools & 3L adhesives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the cards and feel so inspired by your creations. Have
    a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to make a shaped card. Your cards were all lovely. The papers outstanding with the different nesties dies. The tape looks super strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! I really love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You changed my mind about using "pretty papers" as your image on a card....lovely!

    TY for sharing how to tape & cut your Card 3, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You changed my mind on using "pretty paper" as you image, lovely cards!

    TY for sharing the tip on adding the tape before cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, not just one but three beautiful cards. Those foam squares and the ruler. I must get them. And of course the G45 papers and embellishment. Must get them too. Thanks for the great tutorial. You are an excellent designer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful cards, and so helpful with the tutorial images. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent....have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards. I like the papers you used and the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All three of your cards are absolutely lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of your cards are stunning! I love both of those collections from G45! PPC and Scrapbook Adhesives are a great combo aren't they? TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are just beautiful! Thanks for the tip on how to make that shaped card. Would have never thought of putting the adhesive on before cutting, genius!!! And that black foam tape, never knew they had such a thing! Need some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are beautiful. I love grapgic45...what a wonderful idea to put the adhesive tape on before you cut....never thought of that one...now I will use it for most of my shaped cards. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all your tips! And I really like the bling in the photo corners... I must try that little something extra on my cards :-)
    Gorrrrgeous cards! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such simply beautiful cards, how can you part with them?? thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh gorgeous cards, love how you used the frames and how u have popped them all up

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards, love the dimension and photo corners. I think I need to get me some black foam squares.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!Beautiful cards!!!Thanks for the tip....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really wonderful cards!! Love seeing how you used some of the different adhesives! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I never would have thought to add the adhesive before cutting the panel. Thanks for the tip! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Three beautiful cards! Love them! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards, such sweet images, I especially love that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great cards! Love the die cut card especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous, Jenny! Just dropped by to say hi! Love your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  28. All 3 cards are beautiful! Love all the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely cards! The Perfect Layers tool sounds fabulous. I love the look of small, even borders to frame a design. And the E-Z Squares look really handy. I'm always looking for a good adhesive!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful projects!!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful cards and lots of help for ideas and techniques. I like the foam squares and must look for the black ones now.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What beautiful cards. I love the nostalgic, romantic feel to them!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What beautiful cards! I think my favorite is Card 2 - love the green and fall colors.
    Hugs, Antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Never heard of putting adhesive on the card BEFORE die cutting. What a simple but clever idea. Thankyou soooo much for sharing. And I really like your cards too. Xx

    ReplyDelete