Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Wrap it in RIbbon

 The Flourishes Challenge this week is "Wrap it in Ribbon", well of course thats right up my alley! I can never resist ribbon on a card! So I pulled out one of the sets from the March release (Forget Me Not Notes) that I had not inked up and grabbed some ribbon!
 I used Spellbinder's Beaded Squares to create this die cut. While the paper was still in the die I airbrushed a little B26 to get the deeper color.

You can see I took the challenge Wrap it Ribbon quite literally! I used some Su ribbon and wrapped a small piece through each little opening around sides. I did this with the Beaded Ovals die a year or so ago -- Heres the LINK to see it, I used different colors of ribbon on that one and loved the resulting framed look.

 Here are the Copics I used to color the flowers. A bit bright, but I googled them and google showed me lots of pics... they are bright blue flowers! I used the Flourishes Perfectly Pierced Window Die to cut the yellow layer... loved the little piercings! I traced the inside of the with pencil and hand cut the white stamped layer. The small blue layer is hand cut.

I used a Viva Clear Gloss Gel Pen to add a little shine to the center of the flowers and the yellow bow. The card is 4 1/2" square and opens at the bottom, tent style.

8 comments:

  1. What a fun technique you did with the ribbon! Beautifully colored image too. Thanks for joining us at the Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have steady cutting scissors Jenny!!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this color combination is just gorgeous and I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he result is fabulous! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the die for the flower, which is pretty too! And haven't seen the beaded square from Spellbinders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring! Such a pretty project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I am intrigued by the small copics (?). What exactly are they?

    ReplyDelete