Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Little Spring Bluebird

Happy Sunday! I have a cute spring card using Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps to share with you today. Atlanta finally got some beautiful spring days and this weekend we got a blast of cold again and the heat is back on! This little bluebird makes a great little happy card! It would be a great image for an Easter card as well. I've used this sentiment multiple times, it fits with any sort of cute little image, it is from a clear set called Floral Circles 4. I airbrushed a little to get the nice soft blue background, but this is easily done with chalk too. I've used Spellbinder's Labels 8 and Decorative Labels 8 to create my card base and layers. I've really been using my die cuts for shaped cards and I just love that there are so many die ideas out there. We did the traditional card shapes of rectangles and squares for so long back in the old days before Nesties, lol! It's just fantastic to have so many options now! 

On the inside of the card, you can see I used a strip of decorative paper along the bottom -- I glue this in before I die cut with my nestie. Much easier to cut them together than try and match them up perfectly and then glue the together. The yellow strip I cut and then glued in... This is a great border die from Prickley Pear... I can see it cut out of white or ivory and it would look just like a little lace border. All of the little pieces fell right out too... so not a lot of tedious poking, which is always a plus! This card will fit perfectly in to an A2 envelope.

Prickley Pear had a new release this week so check out things on the PPRS Blog or you can go directly to see all the new stamps online using this LINK.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jenny, love the colours and the die cuts layered. I love this Spellbinder set(s). Take care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I too love this die set. Thanks for the hint of glueing the dp to the card stock before cutting with the die. Will save a lot of grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is just so pretty with awesome colouring. Loving the image.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!Very pretty,love the coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beautiful and your coloring is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet image! I love the frames and colors too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! It is so cute and "springy"! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete