Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

29th birthday... again!

 The current challenge on the Art Impression's Blog is "Layer it Up", you can play along up until May first. I thought I would ink up this fun Happy 29th Birthday stamp from the "Say it Loud" series of stamps. The bright primary colors in the Bo Bunny collection "Surprise" was a great match.

 After cutting the image out using my nestie, I airbrushed a little B14 around the edges while it was still in the die. I also added some piercing around the edges.

 Here are the Copics I used to color the image.

 This sentiment comes in the stamp set and I used it on the inside. I added several layers of the Surprise paper on the inside.... all my layers were added with the 1/16th edge of my Perfect Layer Rulers.

I used foam tape to pop up some of the layers, adding dimension. I used Glossy Accents to cover the 29th, so it has a little shine too! The finished card is an A2 and opens at the bottom, tent style.

  • Stamps by Art Impressions: #4224 Happy 29th Set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Bo Bunny 6x6 paper Collection "Surprise", Nenah Classic Crest Solar White, Yellow, Red
  • Other: Ribbon by SU, Bow Easy Tool, Glossy Accents, Foam Tape, Spellbinder's Rectangles and Scalloped Rectangles, Paper Piercing Tool, Copics

2 comments: