Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SSBC#8 - Center Step - English Rose


Welcome to another DT post for Serendipity Stamps. Today the DT is showing off Center Step Cards. Never made one? Here's a great link to a tutorial by my pal Sandy Hulsart.
Shop online at Serendipity through March 27th and take advantage of 20% off of all Baby and Childhood Stamps.

Check out what the ladies came up with this week:
   
I've been on a real kick with orange and peach colors lately. Two houses down from me is a garden home with over 800 rose bushes.... amazing when they are in bloom! I think this English Rose stamp is beautiful and it's an EASY color job due the the shading in the image.... so forgiving! I was shocked to find out I had no ribbon that was a good match... trust me... that's shocking with my ribbon stash! I colored some seam binding with R02 and then ran E07 along the edges to create my little bow to match.

 I stamped on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White using Memento Tuxedo Black. I added a little soft airbrushing with E30.

Just a few Copics to bring this image to life. I used the 0 Blender pen to remove a little color in areas.

The little scalloped border is a MFT Die - Scallop Ribbon Border, that I cut in half down the center. The bottom left corner looked a little naked, so I added a photo corner die cut, it's popped up with foam tape. I used Perfect Layer Rulers to add all the straight lined layers. 

3 comments:

  1. Your shading is GORGEOUS - brilliant to color your own seam binding for the perfect match. I could stare at this one for a long time - looks so real Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing to me the way you color and shade. I almost find it hard to believe this is not patterned paper. Your card and coloring are stunning Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Jenny, I love the peachy colours on this gorgeous card, your colouring is always spectacular!

    ReplyDelete