Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Medley


This floral set, Spring Medley, is a lot of fun.... and small enough to color quickly. I used Spellbinder's Labels Thirty to create the layers. Some of the small layers I hand cut with small sharp scissors.

There is a matching die set to cut out the floral images in the set. The dies are closed, meaning you can not see through them to the image. There is a great tutorial on the IO Blog about DIE ALIGNMENT, check it out to see how to get the very best results using closed die cuts with matching images.
I put this on ivory paper so you could better see how the die cuts out the image. I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and you can see the Copics I used to color the flowers. I'm really in to peach and orange colors lately!


 I tucked the sentiment under the bow. I use Ultimate Glue to adhere all of my bows. You can see I embossed a few of the layers with an Embossing Folder. This will fit in to an A2 envelope, the kraft base is 4 1/2" square. I added a few embossed lines along the kraft piece for a little extra detail. 

15 comments:

  1. A lot of work went into these layers, beautifully put together. The rose stamp is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love this stamp set. Your layers look great, and I love the design papers and how you coordinated the colors. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layout jenny, I don't think I've seen one like it,colored beautifully thanks for sharing this lovely creation and have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Your colouring is amazing as always, and all those layers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors! The shape of the card is delightful, too.

    Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtakingly beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! I usual your coloring on that beautiful image is perfect, I also like your color choice and layering. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant to say "As usual your coloring.."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love the color combination. Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Jenny! I love all the layers and the color combo. Beautiful coloring of the lovely flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous design Jenny ! Love the images, colours and your design. Hope you are doing well, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful layers. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete