This floral set, Spring Medley, is a lot of fun.... and small enough to color quickly. I used Spellbinder's Labels Thirty to create the layers. Some of the small layers I hand cut with small sharp scissors.
There is a matching die set to cut out the floral images in the set. The dies are closed, meaning you can not see through them to the image. There is a great tutorial on the IO Blog about DIE ALIGNMENT, check it out to see how to get the very best results using closed die cuts with matching images.
I put this on ivory paper so you could better see how the die cuts out the image. I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and you can see the Copics I used to color the flowers. I'm really in to peach and orange colors lately!
I tucked the sentiment under the bow. I use Ultimate Glue to adhere all of my bows. You can see I embossed a few of the layers with an Embossing Folder. This will fit in to an A2 envelope, the kraft base is 4 1/2" square. I added a few embossed lines along the kraft piece for a little extra detail.
- Stamps by Impression Obsession: CL465 Spring Medley
- Dies: Flower Trio Dies by IO #DIE073-S, Spellbinder's Labels Thirty
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (for text)
- Paper: Authentique 6x6 paper pad "Grace", Kraft, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
- Other: Ribbon by May Arts, Bow Easy Tool, Perfect Layers Rulers, Foam Tape, Sizzix Embossing Folder, Dimensional Silicone, Corner Chomper