Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Old Fashion Floral Ovals

I thought I'd play along in the Flourishes Challenge "FTTC210" this week! Finally, I got to ink up this pretty new set Old Fashioned Florals, that's been sitting on my desk for too long! The challenge this week was to use corrugated cardboard.... or embossing or paper crimper. I went with dry embossing using this Darice Basket Weave Embossing Folder. 

 I used the new Spellbinder's Opulent Ovals... these are the two dies I used to make the die cut. Had to take a picture because I thought this was too pretty! I can see this die set hanging out on my desk for a little while!! While the paper was still in the dies, I airbrushed a little YR12 around the edges. I originally planned on coloring the floral on this die cut but ended up adding additional layers. 

 Here are the additional die cut layers from Spellbinder's Opulent Ovals. I hand cut out the Floral Oval image and also the orange layer on the white die cut. I've been really in to using peaches and orange colors lately. You can see the Copics I used in the above picture. I used the Y23 in the flowers and the leaves to add a little brighter finish. 

 And... here's the inside! I added a 1/16" green border to everything using Perfect Layer Rulers.

The up close shows the little adhesive pearls I added around the outside green layer. I was thrilled with the way this die set cut out... looks like it could be a little fussy but it cut clean and came out of the dies easily. I aded Glossy Accents over the flowers which intensified the color and also gave it a shine to brighten up the card. Finished card is an A2.

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful, I love the colors and the eegance of the ovals. TFS and have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty,Love following you,Your work is awesome,Have a good weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty,Love following you,Your work is awesome,Have a good weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and colors. I like the layers you used. Thanks for the tutorial.

    Hugs, Nanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers - tha's one gorgeous card creation! Love all your detailed layers and your colouring is amazing!!! Thanks for playing along with our Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week over at Flourishes!
    Ally.

    ReplyDelete