Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

IO - Irish Blessings

The Design Team was challenged this week to incorporate our favorite techniques on our projects this week. So join us for this easy challenge for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog.

Check out what the team came up with today:

 So I went old school for this "favorite technique" challenge..... Heat Embossing and the Gold Krylon pen! I thought both were so fancy when I was introduced to them! I still love both but find myself reaching instead for my Copics regularly. My poor heat gun doesn't even remain plugged in all the time anymore. I think heat embossing was a wow moment for most beginning stampers. And the Krylon pen... I used it on every edge imaginable for years! 

I embossed the Irish Blessing using Versafine Olympia Green and Clear Detail EP.  I added a few of the little die cut Shamrocks to the front. I curled them a bit and used Dimensional Silicone to pop them up. I love the detail on this die. After I cut the image out using Labels 29, I lightly airbrushed around the edges using YG61. The imprint on the edge from the Nesties leaves a nice line to follow with the Gold Krylon pen. I hand cut the additional white layer. I added a few gold adhesive nail heads around the edges. 

 I always add a liner on the inside. I like the way it looks and it balances out the layers on the front... weight wise. I added my fave border die along the bottom. I used Perfect Layer Rulers to add a 1/16" border around the white liner.



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,Love following you,yuor work is awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely and I love the gold edges!!! I just bought the Loopy frame, so I will be excited to try one of these!!! The shamrocks just add the right touch!!! You do such a BEAUTIFUL job fussy cutting extra's!!! They look sooooooo perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty...loved the verse...and perfect for this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...loved the verse...and perfect for this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is wrong with old ? I haven't got a Krylon pen but wish I had... As to embossing, I use it quite a lot, in fact probably more these days as there are fantastic new embossing powders to try !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful design - love that die cut background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty card Jenny, I haven't got one of those pens either:):)I love the die cut very lovely, thanks for sharing and have a great day..

    ReplyDelete