Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Cute Spring Chick!

This year it seems I can't get enough of coloring up these little chicks from Serendipity Stamps. Last year I was all about the bunnies for Easter cards. The chicks are a very quick color too! New Nesties are in the house so   I'm excited to use some new dies. The white layers are cut from Timeless Rectangles from Spellbinders.

 Here are the Copics I used for the card. You can see I stamped it twice, the second stamping I only cut out a portion of the flower. I curved the cut out portion and ended up adhering it with Dimensional Silicone. That way the silicone dries with the curve and it won't go flat.

 In these two pictures you can hopefully see the dimension a little better on the popped up portion. I used Perfect Layer Rulers to add the 1/16" layered mats. ALl of that tiny little piercing detail is part of the die cut. 

7 comments:

  1. So adorable. Love the dimension, and of course, your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweeeet, love how you fussy cut it it just pops off the page and your background gorgeous, love the colors, have a great weekend Jenny and thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not usually a peach kind of girl, but this is beautiful! I may actually have to invest in some peach Copics now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! so cute, soft and fluffy, chick, and love your frame, and super coloring. just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure do make the most cuties-
    cards w/lots of Emotional tuggs 2
    our hearts Strings. Thanks for your
    most Creative self. You can tell in your coloring that You give of your self. Your Art haunts me, I see your colored images so often at the most un-expected moments. i.e.-I could be washing dishes-and then all of a sudden I'll immediately see you colored image of the winters scene w/the sheads
    doorway...or the bunny, or the little boy running thru the sprinkler..see i DO remember.Your coloring haunts me...ThankYOU!

    ReplyDelete