Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #5 - Easter




The Serendipity Challenge this week is all about Easter and we were to combine the Easter theme with a project from ScorPal's project listing!  You can play along with us at our new Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.... This week we will be giving away a ScorPal Board to a random winner.
Here our the links to see what designs the other DT Ladies are showing off today... 

 I used a project that was designed by Carolyn King and here is the link to view it. Its a simple gatefold with a belly band, made quick and easy following the dimensions and instructions in the tutorial. I'm sure you are wondering where the stamping is.... all on the inside! My card base is white and I used pattern paper to cover the panels. I hid the seam of the belly band with my flower.When the card was folded I used a Corner Chomper to add the notch edge in the four corners.


 This is my inside panel and I just loved the Easter Corner Floral. It's not too overwhelming in the time that it took to color. It could easily be used on the liner for a card. I knew I was going to use a bunch of markers with all the eggs so I broke the Copic Markers used in to two pictures. 

Here are the rest of the Copics I used to finish the image.

I also covered the inside panels with patterned paper and stamped the sentiment as show. 
I used Versafine's Olympia Green to stamp the Happy Easter.

 Here it is opened up. I think the notched corners look so much more interesting than just the regular corners.... Chomp when t is folded up! That's the big advantage to using a Corner Chomper versus a Corner punch, you can go thru several layers of paper easily. 
  • Stamps by Serendipity Stamps - 842F Easter Flower Corner, 325E Happy Easter
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Olympia Green
  • Paper: 6x6 Carta Bella True Friend Collection, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Corner Chomper, Copics, Misc. Flowers, Brad by Basic Grey

9 comments:

  1. I loved this project and chose the same one. Wow you outdid your self. Such beautiful coloring! Love the detail in layering you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!Beautiful,love your coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rounding on the corners and the stamped image on the inside. Once again, immaculate coloring and it is so real to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny I love all the pretty spring color here - you're going to have me day dreaming on a cold winter day! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at your gorgeous coloring and you tricked me by putting your image inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card and a gorgeous coloring of the Easter display - love the way the inside is done. The corners do add a lot, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice coloring - I love that you include the markers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the color choices! Absolutely stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete