Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

No one can fill your shoes...

 I was inspired by a friend to pull out this little Mo Manning image and color it up. The current Challenge on Mo's Challenge Blog was to not use squares on our card. So I pulled out Wonky Rectangles to use to frame this little cutie and entered it in this week's challenge.

Skin and Hair... certainly not my strong points! You can see the Copics I chose in the above picture.

Here are the colors I used for the rest of the main parts on the image.  It was certainly fun to color something different. It definitely reinforced to me where I need more practice! I over colored the shirt completely. Bringing the RV66 in to the mix ended up being a mistake!

 Heres the up close.... I used E51 to airbrush around the edges of the image. I also airbrushed around the edges of the pink floral paper. 

And here is the sweet sentiment on the inside. I used Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio 3 to cut it out. Used a few scraps to add the same papers on the liner for the inside of the card. Finished card is an A2.

  • Stamps: Stamping Bella #Mo162 - Big Shoes 
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Grey, Yellow, Neenah Classic Crest White, Floral Print by SU!
  • Dies by Spellbinder's: Wonky Rectangles #S4-306, Ribbon Tags Trio #3 
  • Other: Bow Easy Tool, Perfect Layer Rulers, Ribbon by SU, Copics/ABS




10 comments:

  1. This reminds me of my little grand niece!!! Super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple Adorable! Love the stamp and the coloring is great. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card!! What stunning, rich colors!! I think your coloring is gorgeous...I love how the colors in the DP are picked up in the shirt. I have always struggled with the RVs...which is why I seldom use them! hehe! I'm so glad you've joined us this week at Mo's!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. a typical little girl, having a wonderful day of dress up. Well done, had a few chuckles of remembrance...... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!Love that stamp,Beautiful card,Great coloring,Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cute! ! ! And I love your coloring...way better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is toooooo cute and look how you colored her to perfection,love it, thanks Jenny for sharing how you did it, big hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too lovely Jenny! Fab rich colours and lovely layout!

    Thanks for sharing this cute creation with us at Mo's Challenge this week :)

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet and bright card! I love the layout and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete