Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Impression Obsession - Ruby Slippers

Welcome to DT Thursday with Impression Obsession. Our theme today is about sharing a creation based on a hobby. You can always play along with the team for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop at IO Online. You can find all the Challenge Details on the Impression Obsession Blog
Check out the creative ideas the team came up with today:
I have been itching to use some of the Wizard of Oz stamps paired up with older G45 papers. So... I stretched this Hobby Theme a bit.... Some people collect Oz memorabilia as a hobby. It's just not my hobby! I used the Ruby Slippers papers from an older Graphic 45 Collection "The Magic of Oz."  I used Spellbinder's Labels 26 to frame the sentiment. I stamped on ivory paper and airbrushed using Copic YR24 while the nestie was still in the die to maintain the clean border. I hand cut the additional red and black layers around the labels. 

There were two Oz Collection clear sets that were released:
  

 Here is the inside of the card. I used the 1/16" edge on my Perfect Layer Rulers to add the red layer. The small black scallop edge is from the Border Duo 2 Set Die.

I used Foam Tape to pop up the layers. I cut out two pairs of shoes, curved them a bit and added them on to the card using dimensional silicone for paper.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous inside and out. Love the striking colour combo.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the bling, Thanks for sharing Jenny..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color scheme and this perfect layering even hand cut ! No danger that I would get the same result...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect - I'll get you my pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful post.

    Many thanks for providing these details.

    Also visit my blog post: http://your-task.com

    ReplyDelete