Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

G45 Secret Garden - Thank You

Loving the new G45 Secret Garden Collection! I think the addition of the 6x6 paper pad that contains solids and small scale patterns makes it much easier for me to use. It takes the hunt for matching solid card stock out of the equation. I cut out the main image from the paper using Spellbinder's Reverse Wonky Rectangle Dies.... which I sadly discovered are now retired and pretty hard to find. Sorry! I try not to use too many things that are no longer available. Check out the basket weave embossing folder, it's a new one from Darice and I'm loving it. I have a feeling it will be a new favorite. I lightly inked up the edges on all of the papers with the exception of the ivory... leaving that with a clean and crisp edge.

Here's the inside... I added the Thank you to coordinate with the sentiment on the front, stamping both in Versafine Olympia Green. I added a 1/16" Green border down the striped paper using my Perfect Layer Rulers.

You can see I curved the sentiment on the acrylic block to match the shape of the nestie's edge. A bonus of working with clear stamps! A little foam tape between layers adds dimension. And of course... a little bow! Finished card is an A2. 

  • Stamps by Flourishes: SS217 Inside and Out Just Because, SS210 Sentimental Favorites
  • Ink: Versafine Olympia Green
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Natural White (ivory), All other paper from G45's Secret Garden Collection 12x12 and 6x6 papers
  • Other: Bow Easy Tool, Perfect Layers Rulers, Ivory Seam Binding Ribbon, Darice Basket Weave Embossing Folder, Reverse Wonky Rectangle Dies by Spellbinders, Foam Tape, Cat's Eye Ink - Olive Chalk


4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card! I love all the details and color choices. And the embossing is lovely! I see lots of applications for it.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sue Brailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I am in love with this paper.
    I was also able to find the die at http://www.ovidscrapbooking.com/Default.asp
    if anyone is interested in buying one.
    Again thank you for sharing your beautiful creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully put together, I love that paper too. I like how you did the sentiment, thanks so much for sharing this fab card, Have a great day Jenny...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete