Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Cute Little Chickie


Cute Little Chick! A pretty quick color and of course spring colors are always easy and fun.

I cut the image out using Spellbinder's Labels Twenty. You can see the Copics I used to color the image. 

After coloring, I decided to add some airbrushing... Typically I airbrush prior to coloring. My colors were soft enough that I did not need to mask anything. I did tape it back in the Nestie to keep that nice white border. After I airbrushed I also used the inside edge of the die to add some piercing.

The background..... I used an embossing folder from SU and embossed a white piece of paper, I used a heavier paper and a paper shim to get a deeper impression. The hexagon die is from a Quilt Die Set from Wplus9. The hexagons fit perfectly into the embossed spaces, as if they were made to go together.

Here's an up close view. I embellished the small eggs with Glossy Accents. I added Crackle Accents to the bill and feet on the chick. A few Viva Pearl Pen drops and also a line of the Viva Holographic Glitter Pen to add a little sparkle. And of course Chickie needed a bow! I added a little Black Pearl Pen to darken his eye.

 I stamped the inside sentiment using Distress ink Scattered Straw. I added a liner with a layer... I used Perfect Layer Rulers to add a 1/16" blue layer. I die cut some cute little grass and added it along the bottom edge. Finished card is an A2.





5 comments:

  1. So very cute. Thanks for sharing this colourful Easter card, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is just so adorable. Love your beautiful colouring and those hexagon background is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card,Beautiful coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing what you do every day. It's always a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossing folder. Couldn't find it at StampinUp... :(

    ReplyDelete