Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #3 - Hearts


Serendipity Challenge this week -- HEARTS. You can play along with us at our new Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.... we always have a gift certificate up for grabs to a random participant. Here our the links to see what designs the other DT Ladies are showing off today... 

I know everyone is probably going with Valentine's cards with our Heart Theme... but for some reason this came about! I never use this much yellow! It's good to step out of the box for a card or two! I had fun coloring up this little Heart Topiary using yellows and oranges... which are never my go to colors! 

 Here are the Copics I used to color the image. I cut the image out along the ribbon banner edge when I was finished coloring. I never cut before I color.... that way if the coloring goes south... then I have not wasted my time cutting it out. I don't hand cut too much, kinda short on patience when it comes to cutting!

 I used Spellbinder's Resplendent Rectangles to create my card layer and the base. I cut two large yellow layers and two large white layers out of the largest die... gluing them all together. The back and front of the card are yellow but white on the inside. I glued the two panels along the top to create the card. I always use a wet glue when I do this. One reason is I think it is a stronger adhesive and you have the ability to move it and wiggle it, getting it aligned perfectly. I inked the edges, which also really helps hide any places that are not lined up exactly perfectly. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi i am kavin, its mу fіrst time to commenting anyplace, when і reaԁ this paragraph i thought i could also create comment due tο this brilliant аrticle.



    Stop by my blog :: tym
    Also see my webpage - bsi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another absolute stunner Jenny - love the pretty colour combination you chose for this card and the wonderful layered die cuts. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just STUNNING Jenny. I alsways don't normally reach for this color combination but it really works here...I love how the you matted the rust colored matting over white so that it shows through and offers more contrast. This is a really lovely image too....pretty perfect for Valentines day, Spring, or even a wedding/anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Love the coloring, as always perfect. Such pretty colors and gorgeous dies . This is a great card to have on hand for many occasions. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love the sunny yellow and orange - so bright and cheery - perfect for a cold winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't look like you needed any wiggle room with your glue on this one Jenny...it's lined up beautifully. I love the colors you chose...so unexpected when I think of hearts and the coloring is just beautiful. Love the hint of color on the edges of the card base too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big fan of Yellow or Orange, either, but this card is VERY pretty!

    ReplyDelete