Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Impression Obsession - CHA Blog Hop - DAY THREE!


It's DAY THREE of the Impression Obsession DT revealing the new images in the Spring 2013 catalog that will be released at CHA. We are blog hopping every day this week showing you the newest designs. What about prizes.... of course there is a a prize every day! You need to leave a comment on all the DT blogs as well as the Impression Obsession Blog, every day a random name will be chosen for a $25.00 gift certificate. On Friday, our last reveal day, you will have a double chance to win if you have been participating every day through the week! 

Get hopping and see what everybody created and leave a little comment love!

We are half way through our week of previews and I have to say thank you to all of you for leaving such nice comments! Good luck to all of you in the daily drawings!
 Showing off a little Valentine card today... I used the new Beauty Roses image. It's a personal challenge for me to color roses.... I can be a little critical and I typically seem to over color... trying to continue to shade and blend long past the point I should have stopped. Give me a cute little cat and I can color it up in no time, give me a rose... I'll sit with it for way too long and agonize over it! 

Here are the Copics for the petals. 
The R81, R83 and R85 are by far my most favorite pinks.... I skipped R83 in this flower.


I used G46, 43 and 28 for the leaves, adding the G28 for a little more depth.

 I used the Krylon Silver pen to outline the edge of my die cuts. I love the metallic shine and it gives an illusion of another layer. The small embossed ridge from the die gives you a nice little indented line to follow along with the chisel tip.

I layered the rose image under my pink frame. I've been into making frames lately layering with Nesties... such an easy thing with all the fabulous dies out there!

  • Stamps by Impression Obsession: F8842 Beauty Roses, CL307 All Occasion II
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Misc.DP
  • Other: Misc 1/8" Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Foam Tape, Silver Krylon Pen, Copics, Spellbinder's Ovals, LF-190 Spellbinder's Grand Labels 4

59 comments:

  1. Love the roses, your coloring with Copics make me wish I had some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and just in time for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roses are just stunning! So life-like! Such a beautiful card! And thank you for sharing your coloring technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the silver edge and your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. agreed the silver pen adds a nice touch - love it when the cards are shaped - very pretty card.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - your coloring is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card,your colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely awesome color and shading, Jenny!
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, what a sweet, elegant card. Thanks for the mini tutorial using the krylon pen (I STILL admire your sure hand in keeping the silver line so perfectly stable). Beautiful shading on the roses and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your coloring is gorgeous and the silver edged frame is perfect to show off this beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!! I love the coloring you did and the frame layering is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these roses are so pretty I can almost smell them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous...your coloring is amazing...I am still practicing with my Copics, but you sure brought this image to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredible coloring. Very rich and striking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its your masterful coloring of this beaitiful stamp that steals the show on this card, gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning...simply stunning! The stamp is lovely but your coloring is just amazing! Lovin' how you put the tops in the photos and your use of the Krylon is inspired! I just subscribed to your blog...you will get me coloring again for sure!
    Thanks so much!
    Sue Brailey

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely stunning Jenny. Beautifully elegant.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love the roses. They are so beautiful and very realistic. The card is just gorgeous. Thanks for showing it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Haven't seen anyone use the Krylong pen in a long while - great idea!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous coloring on the roses! Beautiful card!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  21. The coloring on the roses is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning !! Your colouring is always fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow, such beautiful colouring - I am in awe!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really enjoyed this card I have not used the Copic markers yet and enjoy seeing your coloring technique, also the outline of silver was very impressive how the die cuts pop out. Thank You for that new idea. I love all I am learning from others.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this card - the stamp is yummy but your colouring takes it to another level!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Drop dead gorgeous - those roses look soo real - you color beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card with a lovely colouring job.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have made these roses real. you can just smell them. What a lovely, elegant card!
    hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such lovely roses, coloring so perfect you want to pick them up and smell their wonderful fragrance. A gorgeous card. thank you for your visual images, so welcome an appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  30. A beautiful card! I love your rose coloring, you are fabulous with those copics, cat or rose! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your coloring is great. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow, your coloring is just exquisite! BEautiful roses and card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love roses! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. AWESOME!Beautiful card,thankyou for the tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your coloring is amazing. The roses look real.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely card. Fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your coloring is wonderful again!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the Krylon, too. And your card is so pretty - I love the roses stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful roses! You're way too hard on yourself--only you see a problem here, trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful card! Your roses are fabulous. Another great job Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a gorgeous rose image. Love how you used the silver pen.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful card; you did a great job coloring the roses! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  43. The coloring is fantastic and I love all the dies and the shape of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous roses and the touch of silver is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Just gorgeous! Your coloring is always awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Prettiest roses I've ever seen! Nelda in TN

    ReplyDelete
  47. So glad you shared the silver pen outlining - I really like what it adds to your design! Perfect match of the flowers to the background paper.
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Gorgeous, gorgeous card, I love flowers and Roses are my very favorite. Your coloring is out of this world. Thanks for showing how you colored it and put it together. Mary L Schreiber

    ReplyDelete
  49. Is it really possible to "over color"? For you? I don't think so..your roses were simply beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh, roses are my favorite, and these are more beautiful with your coloring! I love Krylon outlining. Makes it look so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  51. GOR - GE - OUS!!! I can't color a rose to save my life - this one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh My- fabulous!!! Love this layout and love the gorgeous coloring...!

    ReplyDelete