Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Impression Obsession - CHA Blog Hop, DAY ONE!


It's that time of year... NEW RUBBER! The Impression Obsession DT is revealing the new images in the Spring 2013 catalog that will be released at CHA. We are blog hopping every day this week showing you the newest designs. What about prizes.... of course there will be a prize every day! You need to leave a comment on all the DT blogs as well as the Impression Obsession Blog, every day a random name will be chosen for a $25.00 gift certificate. On Friday, our last reveal day, you will have a double chance to win if you have been participating every day! 

Get hopping and see what everybody created and leave a little comment love!

The flower is D8998 Wildflower and it is a single flower. I stamped the left one first, masked it and then stamped the flower on the right. The middle flower is cut out and popped up using dimensional silicone, when the silicone dries and keeps the curve and bend in the flower petals. 

Here is the main panel. I used Spellbinder's Labels 8 tracing the inside of the die and then hand cutting it out, leaving the flower petals and stems hanging outside of the label. Here are the Copics I used for the stem and background. My favorite paper for Copics is Neenah Classic Crest Solar White.

 A pretty quick color! Around the edges of the flower petals, I used G20 to add just a touch of color, softening the edge of it with my 0 Blender. 

 I used Spellbinder's Labels 8 to cut out a white panel, then I used Decorative Labels 8 to emboss the detailed design. I always think embossing on white is so elegant. I also use 110# paper so that the embossing is a little deeper.

Here's an up close... I added a few more little detail dots in the flower center. I used foam tape in between layers for dimension. Of course a bow finishes it up...  i just can't resist the ribbon. I think I'm a little hooked on Labels 8 along with it's counterpart Decorative Labels 8. 

  • Impression Obsession: D8998 Wildflower, C13105 Humblest Things
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White #110, Olive and Pa;e Olive
  • Other: Ribbon by SU, Bow Easy Tool, Foam Tape, Copics, Dimensional Silicone, Spellbinder's Labels 8 and Decorative Labels 8

64 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful! I ordered Dec Labels 8 last week now I can't wait to get my hands on them! Thanks for sharing your creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Just love daisies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny -- I love the image -- but what you do with a beautiful image always knocks me off my feet! I love your card and your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This flower and saying are on my wish list - I love the way you have masked and stamped and the petals are off the panel. Gorgeous!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get your blog posts in my email and always am excited to see what you have created. Your card is very pretty and topping it off with that ribbon was perfect.

    Jan Douglas
    Florida

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the technique! And the card is beautiful!
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant card ! I admire your fussing cutting of the daisy too, great patience required...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, a super sweet card! Love the sentiment and sweet daisies. I just bought that Dec Labels 8 set - can hardly wait to use it! Very elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. Like the way you did the outside frames. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card and the wildflowers! You make the coloring look so easy! Got to order Labels 8!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful with the neutral colors and pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the detailed instructions to this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so talented! The card is
    lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! Lovely layering and coloring! Love that pretty flower design!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolute masterpiece! Thank you for the instructions--maybe someday I'll improve to the point of being able to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is so gorgeous, love that you show us how you colored it and put it together. Mary L Schreiber

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely as can be! a Pure breath of spring! Love the wonderful embossing and lacy edge design of the card.. the perfect frame for these stunning daisies!
    hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those daisys are coloured so beautifully. I love how you used the Labels 8 die sets to really show off the stamps. This card is so lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is gorgeous! I love the flower stamp! The frame on your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the new daisy stamp. And yet another flower stamp to add to my "collection." If only my garden was as abundant as my collection of flower stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and lovely quote.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this card, very beautiful!
    Helena xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such lovely coloring on my FAVORITE flower! And I do so appreciate the tutorial on how you created this delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the color scheme you used with this card -- so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful card you took the time to craft and share! I also thank you for the step by step instructions! It's a copic wonder if I ever saw one! Thank yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jenny, this has to be one of the prettiest cards I've ever seen. I am in love with everything from the flowers, to the sentiment, to the white embossing, and of course, that beautiful decorative label die! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card! Gotta have these stamps - wonderful addition to IO!
    Nelda Deakins
    neldamc 765@ charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. A beautiful card!! Love the framing and the flowers are wonderful with the soft brown behind them. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous ~ those flowers are one of my favourites especially.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful art work. I love the colors and spring will soon be here. The design is lovely, thanks...
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, I love everything about this card! The embossing is gorgeous and I love those little added details to the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautifully done! Love the quote. The coloring is great and your attention to detail is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful flower - lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous card! Love the technique and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous! Great idea to have a single flower as a stamp! So versatile! Thanks for sharing the details of how you created this gorgeous card!
    Sue Brailey

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a gorgeous card. and thank you so much for visual instructions. this speaks of spring, with color and image.Love the embossing for elegance...... thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow!! Gorgeous card!! Your coloring is Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Stunning card, love how you layered the flowers, and the use of the spellbinders, awesome job!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  39. Simple stunning! The flowers and the sentiment are perfect! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  40. this card is gorgeous. Lots of WOW packed into it.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your whole card is beautiful, but that edge is super yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love this card and the coneflower image. Very pretty treatment of this!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Daisies have always been one of my favorite flowers! I like the way you made the cluster out of only one stamp. Pretty colors, lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your card is stunning - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is gorgeous - and I love the way you used the die and then cut out around the image!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful cluster of flowers! I love this quote and the beautiful shape/dies you used on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love how you designed this card.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful card; love the details. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  49. this is a lovely daisy and I think it's perfect how you multi stamped and cut it out. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I really love those dies! They are so elegant looking and I agree with embossing on white. Pairing it with a simple flower is so smart. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  51. So pretty pretty pretty... thank you for sharing your beautiful art with us!

    ReplyDelete
  52. It sounds very interesting!
    i like the post very much keep it up
    Yah this blog is making a dfference. I love it.
    Buy AC online

    ReplyDelete