This image is drawn by Mo Manning, a favorite artist of mine! Penny Black made it in to a stamp and it has been sitting on my desk for a long while... finally I got a chance to ink it up! I stepped out the coloring below...
I stamped the image and cut it out using Spellbinder's Grand Circles. Before I removed it from the die, I airbrushed around the edges using BG11 and I added the piercing around the inside of the die's edge.
You can see the image sticks out a bit from the pierced border. where it does I did not pierce... the edge of the hat and the edge of the ornament.
Here I've colored the skin (E13, E11 and E00) and also the hair (E37 and E34).
I added some C1 around the edges of the white areas. I used RV69 for shadows in the red areas. These greens are really bright.. but they matched the bright greens in my DP.
I added the sentiment on the inside from JustRite's Large Fancy Holiday Sentiments.
I paper pieced the oranament. All of the paper on this card is from the Bo Bunny 12" Collection Mistletoe. A fun little bow to top it off.
- Stamps: Penny Black #40-088 Little Elf Finn, JustRite Large Fancy Holiday Sentiments
- Dies: Spellbinder's Grand Circles, Spellbinder's Big Grand Scalloped Circles
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Bo Bunny's Mistletoe Collection 12"
- Other: Bow Easy Tool, Ribbon by May Arts, Silver Adhesive Pearls