Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Winter Birdhouse

The Impression Obsession DT is bringing you Holiday Cards today. 
Of curse you can always play along with us for a chance to win a Gift Certificate to shop for new rubber! Find all the challenge details on the Impression Obsession Blog.
I think we have a full house today with everyone showing off their creations:
 Another older image from me today Seasons Greetings Birdhouse.... I love these birdhouses from artist Gary Robertson. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the little kitty cats he incorporates in to the scenes, lol! You can see several more of his birdhouse using this LINK. I still have a stack of Spellbinder's from the last release that I am slowly working my way through. I can't put them away until I use them at least once. That way when the husband asks if I actually use all the stuff I have... I don't have to fib! This is background frame is Spellbinder's A2 Polka Dots.... I love it and the polka dots cut out very nice and clean!

 A pretty easy and fast color job for this one. The background is full of shading, so it's very forgiving. Wood also is an easy color job, because you don't have to try and go for a really smooth and perfect blend. You can see I ignored a lot of the snow dots and just colored over them with my blue. I'll put some Copic Opaque White on them to bring them back.

I used a little brush and added the snow dots back using Copic Opaque White, it stand out a little brighter white than if I just left them open and colored around them. The bottom blue layer is popped up with foam tape as is the main image adding a little extra dimension. I hand cut my little sentiment banner and bent it a little bit around my fingers so it had a little curve. I used Dimensional Silicone under the banner to keep the dimension and curve, Finished card is an A2. A little corner bow to finish it off!

4 comments:

  1. Jenny this is just beautiful. Love the colours and all the little finishing touches. Wishing you a wonderful Thursday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is beautiful! Love the dotted background, and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image is beautifully colored and I love that frame !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. Love it! The polka dot background is on my wish list.
    PH

    ReplyDelete