Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

SSBC #1 - Honeycomb Heart


Well the new year isn't quite here yet. But we are ahead of the curve and are making some very fun new changes with the Serendipity Stamps Design Team.
We are introducing a new Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog
So now you can play along with our challenges. And of course there will be a prize awarded for each challenge! You can find all the details of how to play along by clicking the above link. 
Our challenge this week is to create a Honeycomb Project.
We also have had some new changes to the Serendipity Stamps Design Team. 
So hop around and check out the old favorites and welcome the new designers!

 Getting a little ahead of the Holidays today and jumping on to Valentine's Day! I used paper from Bo Bunny's New Love Letters 12"Collection.... kind of peachy pinks and aqua colors for something a little    different for Valentines. 

 I used the Heart Scroll Die and cut it six times out of Neenah Natural White #110 lb paper. I used a heavier weight paper to give the fragile die a little more stability. I do run this die through my machine twice, back and forth again, which gives me a nice clean cut. After cutting the six hearts, I folded them all down the center and glued them one to another to create the honeycomb feature.

 Here is a side view so that you can see the dimension in the heart. I inked all the edges using a Chestnut Roan Cat's Eye.. including running it over my seam binding before I tied it in to a bow. I used Spellbinder's Heart Circle Nesties to create the base frame for my honeycomb heart. Under that is the smallest circle from Spellbinder's Grand Circles.

Here's the inside view. I used a little scrap of the Bo Bunny Paper along the bottom edge of the card. I stamped the simple and beautiful sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black. I hand cut the flag and added a extra mat to the flag with the 1/16" edge of my Perfect Layers Rulers.

11 comments:

  1. This just beautifully designed. Great colour choices and attention to detail. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny this is gorgeous! I love the sentiment stamp you chose to go with this.... so elegant. Love the bit of a different color choice and your printed paper. Great job showing how you made this ....beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Jenny, I love this delicate filigree heart die, so pretty with the heart themed circle die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is simply exquisite, so delicate and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant card Jenny...finished so nicely inside and out. I love how you inked the edges of your hearts...I think that gave it a beautiful touch against the white cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Jenny - I love how the circle heart die matches the fancy die cut heart - really gorgeous!! The tutorial is perfect and you make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is stunning! I love this card!!!! I love dies, and this card makes me want more - lol
    Hugs,
    antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny this is absolutely exquisite! So beautifully done - the heart looks amazing as a honeycomb piece x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so {♥} this card Jenny! Love how you sponged around the hearts :) Makes a gorgeous and fun Valentine card!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting on my Hot Air Balloon card. Can't wait to see what else you girls will come up with for challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Jenny, you really created a beautiful card here! Good thing I didn't see such a thing three years ago...I would have hired you to make these for my wedding (I got married in a post office!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great card. I want to try it after Christmas. Hope it turns out as well as yours. Thanks for the idea. Edna

    ReplyDelete