Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Holiday Sleigh

Today is the last day for free shipping on all orders
 for Serendipity Stamps that are over $10!
Also be sure and visit our new Challenge Blog and play along with us to WIN!
 I thought this sleigh would make a beautiful card paired up with the Spellbinder's Labels Eight and Decorative Labels Eight. The sleigh looks like it is a detailed image that would take a while to color, but it was very quick. I liked the bright holiday colors with the clean crisp white and gold edge.
 I kept my colors pretty simple so that it would not be overwhelming with a lot of different colors for the presents. On the greenery I used G29 and G24. the other greens were used on presents in the sleigh. My reds were the very last color I used so that I would not have to worry about dragging reds out when I was coloring other areas. I added a little R89 in the sleigh so I could get a deeper shade with R46. I used a Gold Krylon Pen to add a border around the image. 
 A beautiful Merry Christmas on the inside. I used Perfect Layer Rulers to add a 1/16" border edge. I glued the sentiment strip inside and then cut it off to match the edge of the card.
I hand cut a small red layer for my main image. I popped the sleigh panel up with a bit of foam tape, to add dimension. In my stash, I found this ribbon with the gold edging and thought it was a perfect add on to the card. Of course I can never resist a bow! I think the shape and edge detail of the nesties show of this image so nicely!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jenny, love every detail and especially the fancy border around the outside. Best Wishes for a Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Labels 8 is perfect for that image! Love the fancy edge. Great coloring. Time to break out that old gold pen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the whole layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW…! I love the way you colored this sleigh You have showcased it so beautifully with your layout and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, this is lovely (as are all your cards). Thank you for sharing how you assembled the layers of the card, and your beautiful shading and colors. I've become your newest follower. Thanks again! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete