Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Happy New Year!


If you like playing along with the IO challenges and working ahead... you can find our new listing of upcoming challenges here for 2013.

Happy New Year!
 I can hardly believe another year has almost flown by. The older you get it seems the years to roll by even faster! I whipped up a quickie card for today... quickie as in no Copics! I used a circle nestie to create a window for the Happy New Year.... inking around the edges using a Blackbird Cat's Eye. I added a little border detail along the bottom edge using IO's Border Duo 1 die cut. The IO Border Dies are called Duo's because they all feature two cutting sides. 
Here is the one I used on today's card:
I cut the star wreath out of regular kraft paper and inked the edges. I popped it up using tiny pieces of foam tape. I thought it needed a little sparkling up... so I grabbed my SIlver Viva Glitter pen and added layer of sparkle to a few of the stars... then decided to cover the whole thing. When the glitter dried, the stars curled up, but the neat thing was that thy remained flexible so they would go right through the mail easily. I assume the main reason this happened is because the wreath was popped up and not glued flat.... happy accident! I really liked the unexpected result!

You can see the curled up stars here. Also the glitter from a Viva Glitter Pen does not rub off! A seam binding bow along the bottom to finish it up. Final card size is an A2 and it opens at the bottom, tent style.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jenny ! Happy New Year to you ! Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Jenny!! Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty card! Great for New Years! Love the sparkly stars. Thanks for sharing!

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete