Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

A journey....

No Copics! Just an any occasion card made with pretty paper, dies and simple stamping. I used Spellbinder's Basic Lattice Die to the background and along the bottom edge. I stamped the sentiment "A Journey" and the cut it out with a die from Spellbinder's Resplendent Rectangles... the die includes all the tiny little piercings around the edge.
The three flowers in the upper corner... I actually hand cut them out. I can color for hours but don't seem to have the same patience for fussy cutting! Go figure! I cut slices along the petals and curved the petals... underneath I added Dimensional Silicone to keep the dimension and curve in the flowers. On the top of the flowers I added a crystal in the center and also added Ranger's Crackle Accents -- a very thin coat I spread around the edges and in the center to give the flowers a subtle shine and also add a little more strength. Of course, I could not resist slapping a bow somewhere in there!
The finished card is an A2. Here's a close up of the flowers that I cut out of the Bo Bunny 12" sheet "Poppy" which is part of the Serenade Collection.

1 comment:

  1. No Copics!!! Eeek! And youy did beautifully! I love your dimensional flowers and the paper piercing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete