Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Winters Butterfly

Monday brings a new post for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps... 
check out the PPRS Blog for more inspiration. 
 This is simply made... it's all about the perfect sentiment with lovely dies! I used paper from Bo Bunny's Winter Collection: Snow Day. The colors are ivory tones in the DP... so I used Neenah Classic Crest Natural White (ivory in color) as my base and neutral. Bright white paper would have really stood out... and not in a good way.  I used an Embossing Folder to add a little texture in one of the background layers. The beautiful snowflake die is from Impression Obsession. I added tape behind parts of the ivory snowflake so that the cut out pieces actually stayed in, giving it a little different look. All of the cut outs elements and piercing come from the actual die cut I used: Spellbinder's Resplendent Rectangles

 I've been doing pockets recently on the inside. Only putting tape halfway, so the inside panel can be slipped in and out. I added a decorative border die cut as well. 

A little sheer bow to help dress it up! You can see the beautiful detailed edging and piercing from Spellbinder's Resplendent Rectangles in the above picture. 

6 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty and delicate! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautifully crafted. Love all the little finishing touches. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and doesn't look hard to make. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just gorgeous and I love the color combo that you have chosen. Great idea to leave the the "cuts" in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Jenny, love this one ! Hope you are doing well, Shirley

    ReplyDelete