Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happy Holidays - Simple Wreath

Today the Serendipity Design Team was given a photo to draw
 inspiration from to base today's designs on. Serendipity is running a special right now...
Buy three, get the fourth free! This special runs through November 7, 2012 at Serendipity's Online Store.

So... as usual I may have strayed from the photo a bit and my thinking is that the pic is of a holiday decoration and I used a wreath, also a holiday decoration, in my card. 
Check out the other post's from the team... I'm sure they were more on target with their themes!
Amy -  Miriam - Jeanne - Sue - Helen - Cathy - Pauline

 I love this Bay Leaf Wreath! It looks like it would take a little while to color, but it actually goes pretty quick! I kept is simple and easy with a few easy layers using the Perfect Layers Rulers.
 Here are the three greens I started with to color the leaves.
 Here are the other Copics I used to finish it up.

I added a small Happy Holidays sentiment on the inside of the card with a leftover piece of the DP. Finished card is 5" square. 

  • Stamps by Serendipity Stamps: Bay Leaf Wreath #935K, Happy Holidays #665C
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: DP by Memeory Box, Brown, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Misc. RIbbon, Bow Easy Tool, Perfect Layers Rulers, Corner Chomper -Ticket Stub, Copic Markers, Gold Adhesive Pearls

7 comments:

  1. This is breathtakingly beautiful. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super beautiful! Your coloring is always so spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made this wreath so beautiful. I want one for my door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Jenny...as always your coloring is so beautiful and life-like. I would love a wreath like this hanging on my door during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coloring is beyond awesome!
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jenny, just wonderful!! Absolutely love your pretty wreath and as always, I am in total awe of your lovely colouring!! Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful Jenny - you have so much dimension in your coloring - this is a masterpiece ready to be framed!

    ReplyDelete