Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Spooky Tree

Check out the Prickley Pear Blog today to see what new stuff is posted for this week!
 I had to ink this up before Halloween passed us by... look at all those cutie little black cats at the bottom of the tree!!! This is called Owl and Cat Tree, and makes for a fun and easy card with some quick coloring and airbrushing/brayering.
 I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut it our with the smallest circle in Spellbinder's Grand Circles Set. I cut a circle from Eclipse Tape and put it down to mask for a moon. After I cut out the circle I left the image in the die and airbrushed several layers of color. Copics used shown in the above picture. 
 After airbrushing... I removed the moon mask. I used the 0 Blender Pen to remove the color in the eyes of all the owls and cats. I used C7 to darken the tree trunk and ground. I colored all the little owls in grey and browns.
 I added a fun little sentiment on the inside of the card.
I added a fun little silk bow on the top and some adhesive gems around the outside. 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and very creative. Thanks with the little tutorial. Wishing you a wonderful week.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable...I love it, I may need that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card. You did a great job. Nice stamps. May have to invest in those.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Gosh, I love your fun design! And the sentiment just makes me roar. Great card, thanks for sharing. Must go find my candy corns...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Especially love that tree stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful and a great image.

    ReplyDelete